- Chapter 2 -

We all stalked out of the diner as quickly as we could. "Holy crap, that was close." I said.

"We're not just going to leave them in there, are we?" Sam asked us. I shrugged and Dean nodded.

"Well yeah, there's three of them, probably more, and we've only got one knife between us." Dean explained. "I've been killing a lot more demons than that lately." Sam said.

I rolled my eyes at his cockiness. "Not anymore, the smarter brother's back in town." Dean said with a smile on his face. "Hello? I was with him for two months! I'm smart!" I said, pointing to myself.

Dean just grinned at me so I rolled my eyes, looking at Sam.

"Dean, Evie, we've got to take 'em. They are dangerous." Sam whined. 

"They're scared. Okay? Scared of whatever had the juice to yank Dean out. We're dealing with a bad mofo here. One job at a time."

-

Dean and I were dozing on the couch, both of us with big books on our laps, trying to learn about 'Castiel'. I hadn't quite fallen asleep so when Sam came in to check on us I groaned.

His eyes widened and he quickly scurried out of the house, but I was asleep before the door even shut. 

I'm not sure how long I was asleep for but I woke to the sound of static. Dean and I sat up to rub the sleep out of our eyes but Dean quickly grabbed his shotgun by the bed.

I get up and check Sam's bed, but he isn't there. Dean grimaced as he saw but that thought left our brains as a high pitched noise sounded throughout the motel. I put my hands to my ears, and Dean only put one to his because of the shot gun.

The mirror on the roof shattered above us and rained over us. We crumpled to the ground and Dean finally grabbed his other ear.

Dean and I screamed in pain as all the glass in the room shattered. Dad burst into the room as things shattered and called to us.

"Evie! Dean!" 

-

"So how're you guys doing?" Dad asked Dean and I as we drove to a warehouse.

We were going to summon this 'Castiel'. Dad didn't know, but Dean told me as we were getting ready. "Aside from the church bells ringing in my head, peachy." I said sarcastically. Dean nodded his agreement and pulled out his phone. "What are you doing?" He said into the phone. 

"In my car?"

"Well, uh, Bobby's back. We're going to grab a beer." 

My dad gave him a shocked look but Dean just held up a finger.

"Done. Catch you later." He said and hung up.

"Why the hell didn't you tell him?" My dad asked. 
"Because he'd just try to stop us." Dean said shortly. I rolled my eyes, knowing it would be true. 
"From what?" Dad asked. 

"Summoning this thing." I said. Dad looked back at me shocked.
"It's time we faced it head-on." I justified. His face went red. 
"You can't be serious!" He said.

"As a heart attack. It's high noon, baby." Dean said. I shifted in my seat, trying to get more comfortable but it was impossible. "Well, we don't know what it is. It could be a demon, it could be anything." Dad tried to reason. 

"That's why we've got to be ready for anything." Dean said, pulling out Ruby's knife.
"We've got the big-time magic knife, you've got an arsenal in the trunk..." I said. Dad just shot me a look and I shut up. "This is a bad idea." Dad said.