- Chapter 6 -

"Tyler, Hamilton and Perry. Just like Aerosmith." Mark said. We all laughed nervously and nodded. "Yeah, small world. So, the last time you saw Frank O'Brien?" I asked.
"Monday, he was watching me from his window. I waved at him, but he just closed the curtains" Mark said. I nodded and looked at Dean, who looked like he was about to have a panic attack. "Hmm. did you speak to him recently? Did he seem different? Uh, scared?" Sam asked him. Mark nodded his head. "Oh, totally. He was freaking out." He said. Sam and I both looked at Dean, who too looked freaked out. "Do you know, uh..do you know what scared him?" Dean asked him.
"Well, yeah, witches." He said
"Like?" I asked, looking at the boys.
"Well, "Wizard of Oz" was on tv the other night, right? And he said that green bitch was totally out to get him." Mark said. I sighed and nodded.
"Anything else?" I asked. Mark looked at me for a minute. 
"Um sorry but, are you eyes glowing?" He asked me. I quickly looked at the boys, whose eyes widened when they saw my eyes. "Um yeah, it's a medical condition. Just ignore it." I said, blinking. Soon the glow went away and I looked back up. "So anything else?" I asked. 
"Everything else scared him. Al-Qaeda, ferrets, artificial sweetener. Those pez dispensers with their dead little eyes. Lots of stuff." He said.
"Wow. So, tell me. What was Frank like?" I asked him.
"I mean, he's dead, you know? I-I don't want to hammer him but, he got better." Mark said. I tilted my head in confusion. "Better?" I asked him.
"Well, in high school he was, he was a dick." Mark said.
"What'd he do?" I asked.
"He was a bully. I mean, he probably taped half the town's butt cheeks together, mine included." He said. Dean snickered so I hit him over the side of the head. "Yeah I know how you feel." I said, referring to the time Dean put glue in my hair when we were younger. "So he pissed a lot of people off. You think anyone would have wanted to get revenge?" Dean asked.
"Well, I don't...Frank had a heart attack, right?" He asked.
"Just answer the question Mark." I said, smiling at him.
"No, I don't think so. Like I said, he got better. And after what happened to his wife." He said.
"His wife? So he was married." I said the last part to Sam and Dean.
"She died about 20 years ago. Frank was really broken up about it." Mark said. Dean was watching the snake on Mark's shoulder, and he noticed. "Don't be scared of Donny. He's a sweetheart. It's Marie you got to look out for. She smells fear." He said, nodding to the spot next to Dean. He looked and froze when he saw the snake slither next to him. I giggled and started petting the snake. "Well aren't you beautiful." I cooed at her. 
"She's just precious." Dean hissed out.

-

Dean and I were hanging out in the Impala, reading stuff. Dean was in the driver's seat and I was behind him, in the middle of the back seat. Dean was scratching his arm, right where the victims scratches were. I grabbed his hand and looked him in the eyes. "Stop." I said softly. He nodded slowly and continued to look me in the eyes. Just as he started leaning in Sam opened the door. We quickly pulled away just in time for Sam to get in the car. "Hey. Any luck at the county clerk's office?" Sam asked, looking between us. "I'm not sure I'd call it luck. Frank's wife, Jessie, was a manic-depressive. She went off her meds back in '88 and vanished. They found her two weeks later, three towns over. Strung up in her motel room, suicide." Dean said, coughing a little when we made eye contact.
"Any chance Frank helped her along to the other side?" Sam asked, looking back at me. I shook my head. "No, Frank was working the swing shift when she disappeared. Airtight alibi." I said as Dean turned on Baby. We started driving through the town. "How was Frank's pad?" Dean asked. I leaned forward, putting my head in between their heads. I looked at Dean, who's head was close to mine and backed up a little. "Um clean. Searched it top to bottom. No EMF, no hex bags, no sulphur." Sam said, looking at us funny. I nodded and pressed a kiss to both their heads. "Nap time!" I yelled, banging my head on the window on accident as I went to lie down. The boys laughed at me and I slowly drifted off. I woke up to the sound of the EMF meter going off so I groggily sat up and pulled it out. I sat up and put it near the boys. Sam pushed my hand so it pointed at Dean and it went off. "Am I haunted? Am I haunted?!" Dean yelled. 
"Oh brother."