Big Sausage Looking Lips

Start from the beginning

"Five minutes," I hear a familiar voice say before the door opens and I see a red head walk in.

"Abrelle," he exclaims running towards "you're awake."

"Hi Nat," I smile and for this first time I'm extremely glad to see him. Although he looks tired. His freckled skin pale, dark baggy under circles, and rough messy hair.

"Are you in any pain?" He asks and I shake my head. "Good, I'm glad to hear that."

"Yeah," I say attempting to sit up, but pain shoots through my stomach making me cringe.

"You can't move so roughly," Nat scowls "you just got out of surgery."

"Surgery?" I ask "how bad was I?"

"Bad," he frowns "you had lost a lot of blood Elle. They didn't think you would make it off the table."

Damn. What happened to Elliot? Did he get hurt?

"Where's Elliot?" I suddenly ask "is he okay?"

"He's fine," Nat says "you don't remember what happened?"

"Not much," I shake my head "I remember Tom shooting me and then loud sirens and bright lights, but that's it."

"It's normal," he smiles grabbing my hand "you went through something traumatic."

"Who were you talking to earlier?" I ask curiously.

He stays quiet and reality hits me like a slap in the face.

I'm in a hospital.

He called me Abrelle.

I'm in a hospital.

"They found me," I whisper "the police."

"I'm sorry," he nods "they ran blood tests and Maury works here."

Maury. Luis' sister.

"Did she recognize me?" I ask and he nods.

Oh god Elliot. Does he know?

"Elliot," I exclaim "does he know?"

Again, he stays quiet and I feel as though everything is falling down.

"Where is he?" I ask.

"I dont know," Nat shakes his head giving my hand a small squeeze "as soon as he found out he left."

Of course he left. He doesn't want to see me.

"When was that?"

"Three days ago," he answers and I nod unable to form words.

Three days ago...

He left and didn't come back. I knew it would happen, but I didn't think it would hurt so bad. It feels like someone is shooting me all over again, except my body isn't numbing the pain.

I feel every excruciating moment of this and god it's s painful.

"I'm so sorry Elle," Nat frowns "I told him to hear you out, but he didn't listen to me."

"It's okay," I try smiling "I knew he would run when he found out. I know I would."

"Abrelle," someone knocks and I recognize the voice.

"Come in Sam," I yell out and I feel Nathan tense next to me.

"What are you doing here?" Nat asks as soon as Sam walks in.

"I'm here to see Abrelle," Sam replies casually.

"Of course," Nat says, a razor edge to his voice.

The situation catches me off gaurd. Nat and Sam have always gotten along and suddenly there's an enormous amount of tension in the room.

"Everything will change soon enough," Nat kisses the top of my head before leaving the room and I feel as though there was something left unsaid that I should know.

"How are you?" Sam asks standing on the other side of the room.

"Good," I say "or at least as good as I can be considering the situation."

"Why?" He suddenly asks rushing towards me "why were you out so late?"

"I was going to turn myself in," I answer truthfully.

"And you ran into that coward," he yells frustrated " I wish I'd been there to protect you."

"Sammy," I take his hand "you couldn't have protected me from this. From the gun shot, yes, but not from everything else happening right now."

"I know," he squeezes my hand, pain in his eyes "but you have no idea how much I wish I could protect you from this. How much I wish I could just take you away."

"Thank you," I find myself saying "for eveything you've done for me since the second I met you in that bakery, but you need to stop helping me now. I can't pull you further into my problems, I have to face this on my own."

"Okay," he nods "but I'll be there with you. I might not help, but I'll never leave you alone."

***

"Is that all you remember?" A short skinny lady with glasses asks me for the fifth time. I guess women who are accused of brutally stabbing their fiance multiple times in the chest aren't trust worthy

"Yes," I nod, again "that's all I remember."

"Okay,"she finally says "can I get a brief description of the man who shot you?"

A description of Tom, that's easy, right?

"He's tall, like five eleven tall," I answer trying to imagine Tom as best I can. "He's also got black curly hair that reaches slightly above his eyebrows, it's always frizzy and untamed. Dark hooded eyes, a small thin nose, and big sausage looking lips."

"Clothes?" She asks not looking up from her notepad.

"Signature black leather jacket," I reply "some riped dark blue jeans and that's all I can remember...he's also got a mole on his neck. Its really big and round, hard to miss."

"That's great," she beams "birth marks always help when identifying someone."

"Awsome," I answer sarcastically, but she doesn't seem to catch my tone.

"That's all for today," she smiles "I'll come ask you some more in detail questions tomorrow."

"Awsome," I smile, with a greater amount of sarasm, but she dismisses it walking out of the room.

I take a deep breath preparing myself for a nap when the door is thrown open and I see his familar shape in front of me.

"You're Abrelle Louise," he breathes.

"I'm Abrelle Louise."

A/N: Hey everyone! I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! I'll update soon...

HAPPY GROUNDHOGS DAY!

Vote & Comment

Love, Pam