Chapter Forty-Four: Patching Up A Relationship... Or Not

Start from the beginning

"Well, you know how he has a bad reputation?"

"Yeah," Maya replied.

"Well, a while back she told me he asked her out," Lucas said. "I said I wouldn't go out with him because he's bad news. She said she can handle it and told me to stay out of it. So I did even though I didn't want. So I think she was kind of mad at me."

"You're a good guy,"Maya said. "And I'm sure she's forgiven you and gotten over it. You should try to patch up your relationship with her."

"You think?" Lucas asked.

"Yeah. If we see her again today, you should talk to her," Maya said. "But if you don't see her, talk to her when school starts up again."

"You know what?" Lucas said. "You're right."

They smiled at each other and continued to eat their food. After, they decided to ride Nitro.

"Do you think we'll see Maya and Lucas today?" They heard someone say after a few minutes of waiting on line.

"Don't know, don't care," they heard someone else say. They looked behind them and saw Kayla and Andrew.

"Hey, guys," Lucas said.

"Oh!" Kayla laughed. "Hey!"

"What's up?" Lucas asked.

"This," Andrew said in a 'duh' tone.

Lucas looked angrily at him but shrugged it off and continued talking to Kayla.

"Dude, stop hitting on my girlfriend," Andrew said to Lucas.

"Are you kidding?" Lucas said. "If you didn't notice, I have a girlfriend. And I wasn't hitting on Kayla. We're friends. We were just talking."

"Yeah, sure," Andrew said sarcastically.

"Look, dude. Im just trying to catch up with a friend, okay?" Lucas said, angrily.

"You can catch up without flirting," Andrew said.

Lucas jumped forward a little but Maya stopped him.

"No," Maya said. "Don't do it."

Lucas got out of line and Maya followed him.

"Lucas!" Maya said as she chased after him. "Lucas!"

"What?" Lucas said when he stopped running and turned around.

"I just need to you stop walking so fast," Maya replied.

---------------------------------
With Kayla & Andrew:
---------------------------------

"What's wrong with you?" Kayla asked Andrew.

"What are you talking about?" Andrew asked, in a jerky way. "I'm not the one who was flirting with someone who wasn't their boyfriend."

"Are you kidding?" Kayla asked. "We weren't flirting we were just taking!"

"That's not what it looked like to me." Andrew said, with a roll of the eyes.

"I'm gonna go apologize to him. And you should, too," Kayla said. "But I'm guessing you're not going to. So, why don't you just ride this and I'll see you later?" Then she walked away.

Andrew followed Kayla off line and then went the opposite direction.

-----------------------------
With Maya & Lucas:
-----------------------------

"Are you okay?" Maya asked Lucas. He looked really upset.

"Not really," Lucas replied. "I don't get why people choose to be such jerks!"