“Hi Priya!” Neha said quietly.  “God your sari is exquisite. I wish I could handle wearing one.”

            “Thank you. Your dress is very beautiful.” Replied Priya. 

            Neha opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted by a man who had joined the group. 

            “Hey Aman! How was India?” A vibrant blonde haired man hugged Aman, careful not to spill the drink in his hand.  

            “It was great, Chris!  I’d like you to meet my wife, Priya.” Aman gestured over to Priya. 

            “My my it’s a pleasure to meet you.” Chris looked at Priya, a goofy smile playing at his lips.  Priya smiled back. 

            “Nikhil! We have to dance!” exclaimed Neha, grabbing Nikhil’s hand and dragging him to the dance floor as the orchestra began playing its first song. 

            Many of the couples followed suit.  Aman continued chatting with some of the men, ignoring Priya. Priya watched as the other couples danced.   Many of them looked so in love.  They gazed passionately into each other’s eyes as they swayed to the music.  She looked over to Neha and Nikhil.  Nikhil looked flustered as he looked down at his feet, while Neha stifled her laughter.  She watched as Aman continued on with his conversation, wondering if he would ever ask her to dance. 

            “Aman, would you mind if I asked your wife for a dance?” asked Chris, suddenly appearing by Priya’s side. 

            Aman’s expression hardened.  He stared at Priya for a moment before speaking. 

            “No. I don’t mind.” He said coldly. 

            “Great! May I have this dance?” Christ asked, holding out his hand. 

            Priya looked at Aman again.  He continued to stare at her, a blank expression remained on his face.  Priya placed her hand in Chris’s and followed him out to the dance floor.  Aman watched as her silhouette vanished into the crowd. 

            Chris placed one hand on Priya’s waist and took her hand in his other hand.  He pulled her close and began moving to the music. 

            “So, how long have you known Aman?” he asked, attempting to start a conversation. 

            “A few days.” Priya answered. 

            Christ looked at her in disbelief. 

            “We had an arranged marriage in India.” Priya added quietly. 

            “Oh…that makes sense.  I didn’t think Aman was the type to just settle down.” Chris replied. 

            Priya became puzzled.  Why wouldn’t Aman be the type to settle down?  She decided to keep her curiosity to herself. 

            “So you aren’t in love with him?” Chris suddenly asked.

            Priya lowered her gaze.  She respected Aman, but she wasn’t sure if she loved him just yet.  She shook her head in response to Chris’s question. 

            “Lucky bastard.” Said Chris under his breath. 

            Priya’s eyes grew wide.  She was stunned at what Christ just said about Aman.