Chapter 25

“Hiten, it’s not like that.” Aman said.  

“Of course it is! Every wife’s duty is to keep her man happy. If getting some action makes me happy, then wouldn’t my wife have to comply?” Hiten asked in all seriousness.  

“I’m not sure that she would have to.” Aman replied.  

“You’re one to talk. I’m sure Bhabhi does everything you want, gives you anything you ask for.” Hiten said.  

“Actually, Priya and I don’t have that kind of relationship.” Aman said.  As soon as he said it, he knew he couldn’t have sounded any dumber.  

“Are you trying to tell me that The Aman Verma, who could and often would get a girl into bed just by walking in a room isn’t gettin’ any from his own wife?” Hiten concluded.  

“Umm…well, yeah that’s what I’m saying.” Aman admitted.  He knew that if he could talk to anyone about how he was feeling, it was Hiten.  

“And you’re still alive?” Hiten asked incredulously.  

“Hiten, sex isn’t everything.” Aman said.  

“Yeah, I’m pretty sure it is.” Hiten joked.  “But seriously, why haven’t you?”  

“She’s shy and traditional. I don’t want to freak her out.  I don’t think she’s ready.” Aman said.  

“But you’re married.” Hiten countered.  

“It was an arranged marriage. It’s not like we were madly in love with each other when we got married, remember?” Aman replied.  

Hiten thought about the situation.  It made sense to him.  He couldn’t understand why Aman was so nervous.  He’d never been nervous about a girl before.

“I kissed her last night,” Aman continued, “for the first time.

“Holy shit! No way! You went this long without kissing her either.  Damn! That must’ve been hell.  Bhabhi is pretty.  She could pass for hot if she…” Hiten said.

“Watch it, Hiten.” Aman warned.  

“Okay okay.  Question.  Why did you wait so long?” Hiten asked.

“She wasn’t into it.  I wanted her to be comfortable around me.” Aman answered.  

“What made last night so special?” Hiten asked.  

“It was New Years.  Kiss your significant other at midnight, you know.  That’s what I did.” Aman said.  

“You didn’t ask her if it was okay though.” Hiten observed.  

“Well, I had an excuse and even this morning, I had an excuse.” Aman said.  

“Did she slap you?” Hiten suddenly got excited.  The volume of his voice rose as if expecting some impending drama to unfold before him.  

“No…” Aman said unsurely.  

“Then don’t you think it’s okay to kiss her without an excuse?  Hell, she might like that you finally made a move.” Hiten concluded.  

Aman thought about it.  Priya seemed receptive.  She didn’t resist.  She surely didn’t slap him.  What if she liked being kissed?  Nothing would make Aman happier than being able to kiss Priya whenever he felt like it.  Well...there might be a few things he could do with her than would make him happier, but he couldn’t think about all that right now.  

“Maybe you should talk to her about all of this.” Hiten continued.  

“We’ve talked.  She doesn’t want to have my children.” Aman replied.