Chapter 44

“Not only our anniversary but our first anniversary.” Aman corrected. 

“We can always celebrate afterwards.” Priya suggested. 

“Priya you’re the woman in this relationship.  You’re supposed to be telling me that our first anniversary is special and I should be planning something amazing.  Yet here you are, completely fine with going to an award ceremony instead of spending a romantic evening celebrating our anniversary.” Aman complained. 

“It is a special day, Aman, but you have to go to this awards ceremony.  If you need a whole day to celebrate whatever you’re planning, and I  know you’re planning something big, we can always do it the day after.” Priya said calmly.

“It’s not the same.” Aman pouted. 

“Aman, don’t be a child.” Priya said. 

“Let’s skip it.” Aman said. 

Priya rolled her eyes. 

“You can’t just skip it.  They’re awarding you for your contributions to society.  It won’t look good if you don’t accept your award in person.” Priya reasoned. 

“But Priya, I don’t want to.” Aman whined. 

“Aman,” Priya said seriously.  “Please attend the award ceremony.  For me.”

Aman couldn’t argue with her after that.  He had to go now.   He’d do anything for Priya.  He sighed in defeat. 

“Fine. Whatever you say,” Aman conceded, “but I’m not happy about it.”

“I can live with that.” Priya said, pecking his lips quickly. 

She finished making the bed and was about to head downstairs to have some breakfast.  Aman grabbed her from behind unexpectedly just as Priya had approached the stairs.  She let out a surprised gasp and instantly grabbed the banister.  Aman spun her around and practically dragged her back into his bedroom, closing the door behind him. 

Priya looked at him, clearly annoyed by his actions.  She waited for him to explain himself.  Aman took a step closer to her.  Priya stiffened but didn’t move back.  He leaned in closer.  His eyes traveled from her face down her body and up again. Priya’s gaze followed his. He started walking around her, making a full circle before facing her again. 

“I don’t like what you’re wearing.” Aman stated. 

“What?  I always wear sarees.” Priya defended. 

“Take it off.” Aman demanded, smirking.   

Priya gasped at Aman’s bluntness.  She took a step back, hoping he wasn’t planning on helping her take anything off. 

“Aman,” she said, unsure what to make of his demand. 

“You’re too covered up.” Aman said, referring to her long sleeve blouse and skillfully wrapped turqouise sari that revealed absolutely no skin.

“I…” Priya said nervously. 

“I want to see more of you.” Aman said, enjoying Priya’s discomfort immensely. 

“Umm…” Priya was at a loss for words. 

“I thought I told you to dress sexy for me.  Are you really going to disobey your husband?” Aman challenged.  He stepped closer and trapped Priya between his body and his bed.  He placed each of his arms onto the bed and leaned forward, kissing Priya’s cheek and then her neck. 

“Aman,” Priya said quietly. 

He stopped to look at her. She was smiling mischievously. 

“I’ll dress in something sexier.” She stated.