Part XVI: Shadows That Kill

Part XVI: Shadows that Kill 

Locke and the Black Masked Man separated from Alexia in a surge of blue lightning. They both floated there as Connor stood patting Alexia awake. Alexia awoke in a jerk. Connor chuckled.  

"What's a matter babe, bad dream?" 

"No," She responded, "Just a weird one." Connor smiled and took his seat.  

"Ok ladies." Pops yelled checking his Stake 7, "ETA 10 minutes. Get awake and ready for action. Check your weapons now. Everybody obeyed as clicks and clanks were miscellaneously heard, "The sun has graced us with its morning yawn just as Satellites have graced us with Enemy detail. On your HUD," Pop's described, "Shows the Location of every known enemy targets in the area. However," Pops warned, "Don't be conceited into thinking you can base your actions by this blessing, Stick to training check your corners and be ready for the unexpected. Is that Clear!" He yelled. 

"Yes Sir!" They replied 

"They won't be ready for what is coming." Stated the Black Masked Man. 

"What do you mean?" Locke said worryingly. With a conniving smile the Black Masked Man replied 

"You'll find out." Locke sighed wishing he could get more information. But when the Masked Man had his mouth shut, his mouth is shut and there is nothing anyone can do about it. 

The morning air was silent. A Local terrorist stood to yawn and greet the rising sun. He stood behind a cement barricade along with his comrades. He looked to the presiding sides to see tall spires. Though they lacked diameter they provided defense and a high ground for any one that stood in the way. He waved to his buddy on the top most level. His friend waved back. Unknown to them that was the last time they would ever interact with each other. A dull roar echoed to his ears. A leaping Mjolnir appeared to take the offensive running over him and destroying the barricade. 

Turret fire began to perforate the spires as the driver backed out. A couple spires fell, seeing that their base part was decimated. Only a few spire remained. As the turret provided cover fires, The Doors of the Mjolnir opened. Teams of Dragon armored forces pours out. A single bullet, shot from Connor, found itself in the head of the enemy. 

Zapper remained in the Mjolnir along with platoon 33's technical specialist. Zapper typed in the Mobile Base code into Mjolnir's computer. The Wheels lowered and base supports appeared from the sides. Zapper typed in the Manual defense codes. Zapper's assistant lowered himself back in the computer room as Zapper controlled the turret from his computer with an auxiliary game control. The assistant placed a helmet over his head.  

"I'm ready," The assistant said, "Begin ODMDS"  

"Affirmative," Zapper responded exiting his turret program on his computer screen "Initiating the Omni-directional manual Defense System" Eight small turrets rose from the sides of the Mjolnir. It pivoted into position readying itself. In the eyes of the assistant, he saw the surrounding field of vision. He saw an enemy and with a touch the turrets began to fire at that position. Men continued to try and take the offensive causing Zapper's assistant to continue his offensive. They found themselves dead.  

Pops took point leading his usual platoon. He ordered the young leader to lead his team into the other set of spires. After a quick battle the young leader's voice filled the network. 

"This is Lead 33 reporting, spire set is secure. Permission to return to Mjolnir" 

"Permission granted." Pops said stating a similar situation. "Mjolnir, This is Lead 57. Lead 33 is returning back to you. Requesting Mobile Base code to break pro temprore."