12. First date

Avi was all set for the date tonight. He wore a dark blue v-neck t-shirt, with dark colored jeans and some converse. His hair was in a bun and he had a light jacket on. He walked over to Kirstie's room and knocked. When she opened the door, Avi's jaw dropped. She had a white button up shirt paired with a black high waisted skirt and some black flats. Her hair was down and slightly curled.
"You're drooling a little.."
Kirstie giggled at Avi's reaction and grabbed his hand.
"Sorry.. You look beautiful."
"You don't look so bad yourself. So where are we going?"
"I was thinking a nice dinner and then a walk in a park."
"That sounds perfect. Let's go."
The two walked to the front of the hotel and got into their ride for the night. They sat close to each other and had a comfortable silence between them. When they arrived to the restaurant Avi  got out first and held Kirstie's hand for her to get out.
"Thanks, this place looks great!"
"Only the best for you."
She looked at him and they shared a sweet smile. When they were seated the conversation began. All night the two would have seemed to be a married couple happily in love. They were so comfortable with each other.
"Why did I wait so long to tell you how I felt?"
"Hmm, so things would work the way they are now. I'm kind of glad you didn't. Not like i didn't want you to, but it gave me time to grow up. Jeremy was just a place holder for you."
"Wow, I got lucky."
Kirstie blushed and looked down.
"Stop making me blush..."
"Why would I ever want to do that? You are very cute when you blush."
She threw her hands up to her face. And her words were muffled.
"Avi!"
He laughed at her and took her hands.
"Come on, let's go on that walk."
Avi paid for the meal and the two walked towards a park. Avi reached for Kirstie's hand and they laced their fingers together. As they walked, Avi noticed Kirstie shiver a bit.
"Are you cold?"
"No... I'll be fine."
He ignored her and put his jacket on her shoulders.
"You're shivering Kirst, you need it more than I do."
"Thanks."
They reattached their hands and made their way back to the hotel. They took as much time as they could and walked very slowly. Kirstie linked her arm with Avi's and they continued like that. Then Kirstie spoke up.
"How did we get through all of this Avi? We were in such a mess."
"I guess we really did love each other, even if we wouldn't admit it to ourselves."
"I'm sorry I made you feel like you weren't anything to me. The reason I got so mad at Scott was because he knew it was more then just sex. Even when I didn't see it."
"Well I've got you now. And I'm not letting go of you."
He tightened his arm around hers and she laughed.
"I think we should head back, it's kind of late."
"Sure thing."
They got back at around 11 and everyone else was asleep. Avi didn't want to wake Kevin up so he went with Kirstie to her room.
"Are you sure you're ok with me staying here?"
"Yes Avi, it's not like we haven't shared a bed together before."
"I know, I just want to make sure."
"Well I'm sure that I want you to stay with me. You can keep me warm!"
She laughed and walked inside with Avi following her.
"Oh that's all? Just a heating pad?"
"Yup!"
"You're ridiculous..."
He was laughing along with her at this point. He knew she was kidding and ran up behind her tackling her onto the bed.
"Avi! What the hell!"
He began tickling her sides and she started to squirm beneath him.
"Avi! Don't! Stop!"
"Don't stop? Ok!"
"NO NO NO!!"
She was on the verge of tears when he finally slowed down. He eventually was just rubbing up and down her sides. And her hands found the back of his neck.
"Thank you for tonight. Jeremy never took me on dates like this. It was really sweet of you."
He sat up and looked down at her.
"It's only what you deserve sweetheart."
"No.."
"Yes.."
"I don't deserve any of this. I was so shitty to you, and Jeremy... I just don't get it."
"Kirstin, look at me."
He put his hand under her chin and turned her head to look at him.
"You, are the most wonderful thing that has walked into my life. I fell in love with you the first day we met. But I was to immature to realize it. Eventually the feelings faded and now I regret not taking action. You weren't the only one that caused all of this. We did it together. And now that the rough patch is over, I think we could have something very beautiful together. You and me."
Kirstie was crying tears of happiness. She grabbed his face and pulled him down to her to kiss him. It was a simply, sweet, long kiss that poured out every emotion they felt for each other. When they pulled away it was Kirstie's turn to talk.
"You Avi Kaplan, are the best. I couldn't have gotten through this without you."
They smiled and reconnect there lips for a short kiss. Soon the cuddled up to fall asleep in each other's arms and slept peacefully for once all night long.