11. Catch up

Wow it's been so long since I've updated, sorry I've been MIA for forever. It was the holidays so give me a break lol. Anyway, I appreciate the feedback everyone is giving me. It helps quite a bit. So enjoy chapter 11! 😃
..
Avi woke up first that morning to a familiar scent. He smelled the strawberry of Kirstie's shampoo and her perfume. There was another smell in there too that Avi didn't like. Alcohol. He remembered last nights events and was slightly worried that Kirstie didn't remember anything or didn't mean what she said. As he was thinking about all of this, Kirstie began to shuffle in his grasp. She turned around to face him and slowly opened her eyes.
"Hi."
"Good morning."
"What time is it?"
Avi reached for his phone and read the time.
"8:45."
"Ugh, I need a shower. I'll be back to get my stuff when I'm done."
Kirstie left Avi's hotel room and left him time to think.
Does her not asking why she was here mean she remembers? Or is she still drunk? No, she can't still be drunk. And she's coming back. But just to get her stuff. Oh well she's still coming back. I really hope she remembers last night. I sure do. Oh man, Scott is probably furious with us. And Jeremy, I wonder if he's still in her hotel room. I'll go over and make sure.
Avi still had Kirstie's spare room key and walked over. He walked into the room and heard the shower running and Jeremy was no where to be seen. Avi was relaxed but still wondered what Kirstie thought. He sat on her bed and waited for her to finish. When she stepped out she jumped a little seeing Avi there.
"Why are you here?"
"I wanted to make sure you made it ok."
"Liar, what are you really doing here?"
"Fine, I wanted to see if Jeremy was still here, but that answers my question."
"Yeah... He's really gone..."
"I didn't mean to upset you! I was just-"
"It's ok Avi. I remember last night."
"Everything?"
"Everything."
"Oh... so what you said about me is true?"
"Yes."
"Ok well, since we are restarting..."
He stood up and walked over to where Kirstie was standing. He reached out his hand for her to grab.
"Hi, my name is Avi. I think you are very beautiful and I'd like to get to know you better."
Kirstie giggled and shook his hand.
"I'm Kirstie, and how do you suppose you'll do that?"
"I was thinking maybe I could take you out to dinner or a movie... You know, like a date."
"Ok, when?"
"How about tonight? I could pick you up at around 6?"
"Sounds wonderful."
"So, have you talked to Scott yet?"
"No, I don't know if he's angry or just upset with me."
"Would you like me to talk to him with you?"
"Yes please."
They walked down to Scott and Mitch's room and looked at each other for encouragement. Avi knocked and Scott opened the door. When he saw who it was, he slowly shut the door. But Avi put his foot in the way.
"Scott, please. We all need to talk about this."
He let them in and sat back down on his bed.
"Alright, start talking."
"Scott, this is hard for me too ok, so I'm just gonna get right to the point. I missed Jeremy. I missed him physically being there. So I went to Avi. I definitely got carried away and a few moments alone together, the next thing you know, we had sex. I scolded myself every time it happened cause I was with Jeremy. But lately before we left, Jeremy had been a little distant anyway. I didn't feel a spark in our relationship as strong as it used to be. I told myself that doing this with Avi would be ok. I would just break up with Jeremy and it would be fine. But when he surprised me, I forgot about our distant relationship and fell in love all over again. Well when we kissed I would think of Avi every time. I had to get away from all of it and stop confusing myself. So I got drunk. Last night I went over to Avi's and Jeremy saw me all over him. I guess my drunken heart chose for me. Well anyway, is three talked and Jeremy asked if I loved Avi. And that leads us to now."
"Kirstie, I don't know how to take this. I told you it wasn't a good idea. You didn't listen. I tried to tell you. But I guess you sorted it all out."
"Yes I did. And Avi and I agreed to start over as friends."
"Ok, but I thought you loved each other?"
"We're gonna take it slow."
"Alright. What happened to Jeremy?"
"He left as soon as we talked. He said he'll be moved out of our apartment by the time I get back."
"Oh, well ok then. Um, I think you owe Kevin and Mitch an explanation."
Scott called Kevin over and Mitch finally woke up. Kirstie reexplained the whole thing and everyone was on the same page finally. Kirstie and Avi left out that they were going on a date that night for Scott's sake. They did say slow. So they all went back to their rooms and the couple got ready for the date. Both had a lot of time to think to themselves. And both came up with the question,
Is this a good idea?