3. Realization

Kirstie was awake in her bunk unsure of how she got there. She woke up the sound of laughing in the front of the bus. When she sat up she groaned and rubbed her forehead. She jumped down from her bunk and realized she still had the dress on from last night. She didn't care though, she needed aspirin. As she walked into the lounge all eyes went to her.
"Damn Kirstie, you look awful."
Mitch spoke up.
"Well good morning to you too." Kirstie replied with a grumpy tone.
Mitch raised his eyebrows at her remark and decided to let it go. You didn't want to mess with a normal well slept Kirstie in the morning. Let alone a grumpy hungover Kirstie. She made her way into the bathroom and started the shower. She needed time to remember last night.
*God my head hurts. Why did I get so drunk? I don't even like drinking that much. There had to have been some reason.*
She thought hard for a minute and groaned in defeat. All she remembered was drinking 5 glasses of whatever the boys ordered for her and then dancing. Next thing she knew she woke up in her bunk. She finished her shower and got changed for the day. Sunday's were always a day for relaxation. Everyone just stayed on the bus and either slept or played games. Kirstie stepped out of the bathroom and ran into Avi.
"Oh, sorry Kirst."
He grabbed her shoulders to keep her from falling. Kirstie felt a familiar feeling in her stomach and looked up at Avi. He held her up for what seemed like forever. When he grabbed her the world stopped around her. Avi snapped in her face because she was just staring at him.
"Kirst, helloooo."
"Hmm."
"Are you feeling ok? You did this last night too."
"Did what?"
"You dozed off for like a minute and just did it again."
She looked down and quietly replied.
"Yeah, I'm fine, thanks for catching me."
She went back to her bunk and remembered everything from last night. Touching Avi, dancing with Avi, grinding with Avi, the warm feeling she got when she touched him. She couldn't wrap her mind around it at first as to why she got hot when he touched her. But she understood now. He was giving her that touch that her body craves. She decided to call Jeremy.
"Hello?"
"Hey sweetheart!"
"Babe! How are you?"
"Good, we have a day off today and I'm very thankful haha."
"Why's that?"
"Oh, I just have a headache from... working so much."
"Awww, well I hope you feel better."
"Thanks baby. Hey how's Olaf doing?"
"He misses you, but he's being good boy."
"That's good... I miss you... so much."
"I miss you too love. You sound tired."
"I am, I've been thinking a lot lately."
"About?"
"It's nothing important, just stupid things."
"Don't stress yourself sweetie, hey I have to go, talk to you later?"
"Yeah, see you later. I love you."
"I love you too."
They hung up and Kirstie rolled over and fell asleep in her bunk.
.
"Hey has anyone heard from Kirst lately?" Kevin asked.
"I think she's been sleeping. I'll go check on her."
Mitch got up and found Kirstie pretending to be asleep. He couldn't tell because her back was to him. He closed her curtain and went back to the group.
"She's asleep."
Kirstie listened to their conversation.
"Have you guys noticed anything weird about her lately?" Scott asked.
Mitch kept quiet cause he knew what's been going on with her but promised not to tell. Avi spoke up.
"She's been really out of it, I ran into her when she came out of the bathroom and caught her before she fell. I asked if she was ok but she dozed off, and not just for like 10 seconds. This was like a minute long thing."
"Really? That doesn't sound like her."
Avi shrugged and Mitch spoke.
"Maybe it's because she misses Jeremy."
Kirstie silently begged Mitch to shut up and not say anything she had told him. Luckily he didn't say anything after that.
"Hm, you're probably right Mitch. Maybe we should talk to her later."
Avi was the last person Kirstie wanted to talk to. She couldn't face him after she realized his effect on her. Another hour passed and Kirstie got up enough courage to face them. She walked into the room and sat next to Scott.
"Hey Kirstie, do you feel better?"
"What do you mean?"
"You're head."
"Oh, yeah, it's better."
"Good... um can we ask you something?"
*Oh no, here it comes. I can't do this, I can't do this, I can't do-*
"Sure I guess."
"Uh, ok, well... You've been acted a little strange lately and we've all noticed. We just wanted to know if we did anything."
"No, you guys didn't do anything. I've just been thinking a lot about something and it's just stressing me a little bit. But I'll be fine, it's something stupid anyway. Thanks for checking though."
"Of course, we love you."
"I love you guys too."
Mitch knew she wouldn't want to talk about it with Avi sitting right there. He thought it would be best to let her handle this conversation, so he held back.
"Hey do you guys wanna play a board game?"
Everyone agreed and the rest of the day went like this. Kirstie avoided Avi as much as she could.