6. Suspicions

"Kirstie, wake up."
She had fallen asleep a couple hours before they arrived at the hotel. Mitch shook her awake.
"I don't wanna..."
"We're here though, you can sleep in an actual bed now."
"Fine."
They all got their stuff and checked in to the hotel. Genevieve and Esther shared a room, Scott and Mitch shared, and Avi, Kirstie and Kevin all got their own rooms. Perfect for Avi and Kirstie to go through the with the plan. When everyone was settle they all fell asleep because it was pretty late when they got there. But Avi stayed awake. He made his way over to Kirstie's room. She secretly gave him her extra room key so he could come over anytime. Being the gentleman he was he knocked first. But when no one answered he used the key and found her asleep. He made a brave move and slid in the bed right next to her. She moved a little bit but didn't wake up. He pulled her closer and fell asleep also.
.
At 6 the next morning Kirstie woke up to a strange warmth on her back. She felt an arm around her waist and turned to face the man who was holding her. She smiled and snuggled into his chest waking him up.
"Good morning beautiful."
"Good morning, you scared me at first. I didn't know who you were."
She giggle and he smiled.
"I'm sorry, I didn't want to wake you up so I just fell asleep next to you instead."
"I'm glad you did...does anyone know you're in here?"
"Nope, I snuck over when I knew everyone would be asleep."
"Good..."
She rolled over so that she was laying on top of his chest. He wrapped his arms around her back and supported her.
"You're so warm."
"He wasn't able to respond because she kissed him. He pulled her closer and kissed her back. It soon turned into a heated make out session and lasted for a long time. They were interrupted by a knock on Kirstie's door. They pulled apart immediately and Avi sat in the edge of the bed innocently while Kirstie got the door. She opened it to find Mitch standing there.
"Hey Mitch."
"What's Avi doing here?"
He said pointing to where Avi was.
"He was just helping me with the connection to talk to Jeremy. I couldn't get it to work."
"Ooook. Well we're having a meeting soon, just wanted to make sure you were up. Be at Esther's room in 5."
"Ok, see you soon Mitch."
She closed the door and turned to Avi.
"Holy shit, that was close."
"Yes it was, I probably shouldn't sleep over anymore. This was only the first night and we were already almost caught."
"We'll figure it out."
They got ready and made their way over to Esther's. The meeting was short and when it was done Mitch and Scott got talking.
"Scott can we talk for a second?"
"Sure, what's up?"
"When I went over to Kirstie's room, Avi was over there. She said he was helping with the connection to talk to Jeremy. But I can't help but think more than that happened."
"Where was he when you saw him?"
"He was sitting on the edge of the bed."
"I'm not supposed to say this but... remember when we all went out and Kirst and Avi stayed behind?"
"Yeah."
"When I went to go to the bathroom I heard a moan, so I pulled the curtain to the side and saw them. they were making out."
"Are you kidding?"
"No, I'm pretty sure they were close to having sex. I stopped it though and Kirstie knows that I saw them."
"Do you think they had sex last night?"
"I don't know, but I'll talk to her later, don't let her know that I told you."
"Ok, find out the details and tell me later."
Back in Kirstie's room, she was talking to Jeremy on the phone.
"Hi baby! How are you feeling?"
"I feel better. My homesickness is getting less and less."
"That's great, but I still miss you everyday."
"I do to, I miss Olaf too."
"He definitely misses you too, he whines almost every night."
"Aww baby... tell him I love him. I have to go."
"Ok, I love you Kirstie."
"Me too, bye."
She quickly hung up and felt really guilty. She hated herself but didn't know it yet. Avi was such a distraction that she couldn't let that go. He was the only reason she was able to focus. And not constantly think about Jeremy.
.
Scott never got the chance to talk to Kirstie. He wanted to approach it at the right time and be prepared. Everyone went out to dinner together. Scott purposely made the spot next to Kirstie stay open so Avi had to sit there. He wanted to see how the two would interact sitting so close to each other. He thought it would create a sexual tension that he could notice but he was wrong. The couple acted as if nothing was happening and Scott's plan failed. He wondered how they played it off so well. He was sure they would be uncomfortable sitting so close, but the opposite happened. Mitch nudged Scott and asked if he talked to Kirstie yet.
"No, I wanna talk to her at the right time. I don't want her to get mad at me for assuming."
"If you don't talk to her soon, I will."
"Fine, tonight I'll go talk to her."
"You better."
Scott didn't know what he was getting himself into.