4. Avoiding

Kirstie had a lot on her plate lately. She hated avoiding Avi all the time and not letting him know why. She never talked to him unless it was needed. All of the others noticed their lack of interaction. It created such a negative atmosphere for everyone and Mitch couldn't handle it anymore.
"Hey Kirstin, I need to talk to you. Now."
He never called her Kirstin and she got a little worried. They walked out of the bus and met outside.
"What's this about Mitch?"
"What is going on with you and Avi?"
"Um nothing... What makes you think somethings happening?"
"You never talk to him anymore, it's effecting all of us. We're best friends Kirst, this isn't like you guys."
"If you think I'm mad at him, I'm not."
"I know you're not mad at him, we've talked about this before...  Kirstie... Is this about the night at the club?"
"No."
"Don't lie."
"I'm not."
"Kirstin."
"What?"
"Look at me Kirst."
She slowly looked up from the ground and saw Mitch staring at her intensely.
"Promise me you won't do anything you regret."
"I wasn't planning on it."
Kirstie turned around and walked back into the bus. She went into her bunk and thought about what Mitch said.
What did he mean about doing something I regret? It's not like I'm trying to do anything. Whatever.
"Hey Kirstie, where are you at!"
Scott yelled through the bus.
"What do you want!"
"Come out here real quick!"
She reluctantly got out and walked over to Scott
"What do you want?"
"We all want to go out tonight, do you wanna come?"
"Um, not really, thanks for asking though."
"Oh, well alright. Hey guys lets go, Kirst isn't coming."
Everyone left leaving Kirstie on the bus. She watched as they all walked toward the city and disappeared in the distance. She turned around and went to the back lounge to watch a movie. When she walked in she saw something she didn't expect.
"Oh, um hey Avi. Why didn't you go with everyone else?"
"I could ask you the same thing."
"I'm just not feeling up to it. I've been thinking a lot lately and just want some peace and quiet."
"Same here. I've actually got a lot on my mind too."
"Really, you seem so relaxed."
"Not on the inside."
"Do you want to talk about it?"
"But, I thought you hated me."
Kirstie was a little taken aback by that. She wasn't trying to let off that vibe towards him. She actually feels the complete opposite towards Avi.
"I'm sorry."
"For what?"
"I didn't mean to make you feel like that. You know I only ignored you because of...never mind."
"What, what is it?"
"Nothing it's stupid."
"Come on Kirstie, we need to talk anyway. What's going on?"
Kirstie knew this was gonna happen someday. She knew she needed to handle these feelings soon anyway. So she figured she might as well face it know.
"Fine, we'll talk."
She sat down next to him and an awkward silence fell around them. She played with her fingers and looked over to him.
"Hi."
"Um hi."
Avi laughed and spoke again.
"So...why have you been avoiding me if you're not mad at me?"
"It's really stupid. I'm defiantly not angry at you... actually the opposite."
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Well, you know how I've been missing Jeremy a lot?"
"Yeaaah."
"Ok well, I... Remember that night at the club?"
"How could I forget?"
"Something happened that night?"
"Are you... are you hurt?"
"No! No... Just confused."
"You're confusing me Kirst."
"I'll just get to the point....
when we danced together, I felt something... on the inside. I got really warm and felt happy.
Jeremy hadn't been able to do that for me in a while. Then that night happened and I got what I was searching for. Every time we touched, it felt good. Like I was loved. I'm sorry if I scared you."
She giggled and looked over to a blank faced Avi. He didn't have a readable expression and it was Kirstie's turn to snap in his face.
"Sorry, I just... I felt the same thing, just not because of the same reason."
"You felt the warmth too?"
"Yes, I tried to find a way to touch you every time I could. I know it sounds wrong, but I enjoyed it."
"It's ok, me too."
.
The rest of the gang were on the way back from being out. They weren't drunk or anything but were hyped up. They all laughed and talked the whole way back. It was a really good night for all of them. Scott opened the door to the bus and walked in while everyone else stayed outside to talk. He went in to use the bathroom but stopped when he heard something.
"Ughhhh..."
"What the hell?"
Scott waited and listened. He heard it again and carefully pulled the curtain aside that separated the back lounge. He peeked in and saw something he'll never forget.
Kirstie was straddling Avi. Both were still fully dressed but Avi had his hands underneath Kirstie's shirt. He was kneading her breasts and kissing her passionately. In return, Kirstie was slowly grinding her hips into Avi's. Both were heavily gasping for air.
Scott stood in shock. He didn't know wether to stop them or just walk out. If he didn't stop them everyone else would eventually see. If he did stop them he it would be awkward for him. He decided to make a little bit of noise hoping they would hear it. They did and instantly pulled apart.
"Shit."
Kirstie got off of Avi and went to go see what was happening. She found Scott looking for something in the cabinet.
"Hey, what are you guys doing back so early?"
"Oh we just got bored of the place and decided to hang out here. Where's Avi?"
"Um, uhhh, he's in the back lounge."
"Oh, well are you guys up for some games, all of wanna play some."
"Mm, sure I guess so."
Kirstie had no clue that Scott knew what happened. She played it off pretty well for just making out with Avi. She headed back to where he was and told him about the games. Both were red as tomatoes and Kirstie knew she had done something terribly wrong.