Chapter Seven

Apartment Hunting

After leaving Kelsey's house, she gave me a ride home. It was early in the morning witch made Kelsey in a grouchy mood.

"I can't believe you're making me wake up at the ass crack of dawn. I could be sleeping right now." She snaps. I just ignore her and fail to mention that last night she said she would bring me home before work started.

Once we got to my house I gave Kelsey a am I doing the right thing look. I seriously can't believe I'm leaving my parents. "Am I making the right decision Kel?" I question

"Yes, you definitely are Tay. And I'm so proud of you. It's okay to make selfish decision sometimes. You need to focus on you. Plus you can't spend the rest of your life taking care of your parents." She reassures me. Kelsey was such a good friend, and I don't know what I would do without her.

"What would I do without you?" I voice my thoughts

"You would probably die without my gorgeous ass. Oh and you can stay at my house until you can get back on your feet" she throws at me.

"Would your parents mind me intruding there home like that?" I didn't want to be a bother to her family. Kelsey and I are close and all but I always feel like her family are nice to me because they pity me. Since they know that my parents can't keep a job, and I'm the one taking care of them. I feel like when they look at me all they see is some kind of charity case.

"Obviously they wouldn't like it if you stayed for a long time, but after work we'll go apartment hunting......okay?" I nodded my head.

"Wait for me while I get my stuff" I told her. She gave me an eye roll, apparently still upset about waking up early.

"Make it snapping, I need some coffee in my system" she yells as I get out of the car and walk towards my house.

Walking up the steps to my house was like walking to my doom. I could just imagine what my parents would say.

Where were you Taylor!
How dare you not come back home!

I walk in and hear silence. So I take this as a chance to go and pack my stuff. I grab a trash bag and start taking all my clothes and important items. It didn't take me long since I didn't really have a lot of clothes. Once I was finished packing all my stuff I walk down stairs, but only to see my dad.

"Where are you going?" He asked. His voice was mellow and he didn't seem to be under the influence of anything. My mom then walks out and stands next to my father.

My parents are finally in a sober state of mind

"Sweetie where were you. You didn't come home last night?" She asked. This is the first time...in a long time that my parents are in the right mind to even have a conversation with.

Should I still move out?

Maybe if I tell them what I was about to do they will get scared of my leaving. Then maybe they will change. Wait! No Taylor not again. You've been through this before and they still haven't changed.

"Answer my question Taylor Williams?" He said staring at my trash bag. My mom stared at it too.

Realization finally hit her face and she started to cry. I couldn't stand seeing her in this state. "Are you leaving me?" she cries.