Chapter 3 - The Real Dracula

AN: phinickz for giving me such a wonderful review in the first book of Unbridled. Thank you! Hope you like this too.

***

        "Welcome to Transylvania your Highness!" Era announced, trying not to jump up and down from excitement. After a long time, she was back home. Era couldn't wait to see her sister, Eraine.

Raven smiled. "It's beautiful," she murmured, awe struck. The lush green trees reminded her of her own home, Tuscany. The quaint little town of Romania looked like a picturesque carved out from a movie. The old buildings and new ones merged together, boasting a lot of history. Raven settled back, trying to relax. This was the first time she would encounter a lot of vampires.

Raven looked at Gabriel with a smile on her face. She frowned, seeing his grim expression. He wasn't paying any attention to the scenery. He seemed like he was somewhere else as the driver drove them to King Reynard's infamous Palace.

Raven nudged Gabriel, gently. "A penny for your thoughts," she said.

For some unknown reason, Gabriel was still in a foul mood. Raven couldn't understand why. He has never acted this way before. It must've been a serious phone call to provoke such an emotion from him, Raven sighed. She tried not to make so much of a big deal out of it, directing her attention towards Era.

Transylvania looked spectacular, especially during the evening. The people in the city were so vibrant and alive. The music that was played on the streets intoxicated her soul, enticing her to dance with it. With the cold breeze, and the perfect setting, she could imagine "Vlad The Impaler", aka Dracula, living off of the people in this small town. At the insidious thoughts, she felt goosebumps.

Reynard's palace was located out of the city, further up in the valley and situated deep within the forest. Raven half expected it to be on the top of the mountain, but she was surprised when they stopped in-front of a huge cave. A yellow tape indicated, WARNING: DO NOT GO INSIDE.

"Era, I think we're in the wrong place," Raven said.

Era smiled knowingly. "Just wait."

The driver; also a vampire, came out of the car. He cut his wrist before he squeezed the blood out, rubbing it against the cave's wall. In a matter of seconds, the boulder moved, revealing a dark passageway; spiraling downstairs.

The driver got back into the car and drove them into the darkness. As soon as they entered, the cave's opening automatically closed; instantaneously, the lantern's lit up. Raven was really impressed when she realized that the road was made out of gold.

After thirty minutes, they were in front of a huge wrought iron gate with a letter "R" on it. Inside the gate showed a whole different place. It was a small kingdom for vampires, a sanctuary that was difficult to be discovered by pesky mortals. The houses there were similar to those of the medieval era, but with a bit of modernity in them.

Raven could not believe that there was even a place like that underground, and nobody had even noticed it. "H-How come... "

"How come nobody snoops around here?" Era said. Since Raven wasn't trained to protect her mind and she was only half vampire, it was easy for Era to read thoughts. "It's easy. They can't, well at least not legally. If anybody; even the government, tries to trespass here, their ass would get whipped. Legally, King Reynard owns this place. He bought the forest so that he could build this private sanctuary for vampires."

"Wow. It's truly amazing!" Raven replied. Another thing that Raven noticed was that everyone there was so beautiful and handsome. No one was an exception. Everyone looked so flawless and gorgeous, they were like walking angels, using their looks as a weapon to draw in their prey.