chapter 5

In the end,we only regret the chances,
That we didn't take.
                  -Gisele.

Derek.

"Why is the captain of our team such a kill joy? ". Mick remarked,wiping the sweat dripping from his face.

"Unlike you, am busy". I said as I  removed my sweat-dogged jersey, throwing it into my sports bag.

"What kind of captain is too busy to hangout with his team mates ".He sighed.

"The really busy one," I gave him a fake smile, stepping into the cold water.

"You're  an ass, Allen," He banged the door of my shower.

I ignored his comment and let the water consume me,washing me clean and dripping  down from my hair clearing all my thoughts.I always kept to myself,apart from Lenden I talked to no-one and associated with none,they all tried to get close to me but I ignored them and moved along on my own. The place became suddenly quiet, he is finally gone; I smirked at myself and turned off the tap;I reached for the towel placed on top of the shower door and to my surprise it was not there, I let out a hiss,knowing that he was responsible for it.

"It takes more than stealing an Itty-bitty towel," I stepped out from the shower, not minding if my team mates had seen me. We had seen all of it and come to a conclusion that mine was the fullest, I didn't need anyone to tell me that they all envied my body.

I mean who wouldn't have and plus the amount of experience I had using that body against different women.

The whole place was empty , all the shower rooms were silent, not even a single sound. I opened my locker room, looking for my uniform  but it wasn't there.

"I will kill you for this, Wyler, " I spat out.

I turned the knob of the door leading out of the shower room and to my suprise it wasn't locked.

Smart move but his stupid plan to embarrass me would never work.

I made a quick phone call to claire, knowing he wouldn't know where I hid  my cell phone, what a douche. In less than some minutes, she opened the door of the shower room, shutting her eyes.

" Here you go, sir," she said, stretching out her hands to give me a suite and file.

"Am sorry for tempting  you," I smiled, satisfied by the gasp she let out before walking out of the room.

I quickly changed into the black suite she brought and placed the black tailored jacket on my shoulder,to make sure that  the file was still inside my side pocket . Claires eyes popped up when I step out to face her.

"Are my making you tingle ?" I asked huskily,intentionally making her to turn wet.

"Yess...no......sir," she said, embarrassed by her comment.

I smiled viciously as we walked out of the the training room and into the hallway.Standing there at the centre was Mick Wyler with the rest of the football team,his grin vanished when he saw me coming towards him, in his hands were my towel,uniform and jersey.

" If you wanted an autograph, you could have simply asked. Rather than steal my stuff to make the ladies swoon over you," I laughed at his shocked face.

"I will so get you next time," He sighed,smiling in defeat.

" Until then my friend," I smirked, punching him hard on his abs."No-one can ever predict  me ," I whispered into his ear as he held his stomach.

The rest of the football team bursted out in laughter, giving me high fives which I did not return and pats on the back as I passed them with claire by my side.