chapter 4

I can spend my entire life locked up in hell,
I prefer the flames to burn me for eternity,
than to see you shed a single tear.
 -juliet.

Derek.

I was so livid that I didn't notice a 2004 Chrysler ME four, blocking my way.

She had done it again.

But this time was different. I almost gave in to her,wanting to stay put and take in more of her honey scent. I heard loud gasps and I had to do it, I exploded at her like an untiming bomb, walking out on all the shocked faces. A bit of resentment for myself hit me when I saw the fear in her eyes.

She must have thought of me as a monster.

Derek,stop thinking of her.

A black girl just fell on top of you, the voice of reason returned.If only I had just allowed her to sit on the stupid seat, I wouldn't have been on my way home awaiting a bath.

This little incident could not risk the chance of being leaked , I would see to it. The reputation of not only I would be ruined but also that of my fathers. I had to stay clear of her.

Not a good start.When you drooled over her last night.

I slapped my forehead so hard that I felt the raw burn on my skin, I could not show weakness to someone who was not worth a penny of what I owned.

"Do you know how stressful it is ?" Gremlin frowned. "To get a call by eight in the morning,informing you that a young man worth billions just caused a scene and is walking on his own to who knows where?" He huffed.

"Am sorry, " I said angrily, slamming the car door hard shut as he was about to speak.

I rested my head on the tinted window,tossing my bag on the drivers seat. Gremlin entered into the car,sighing at the bag on his seat before flinging it back to me.

I punched and clawed at it until my anger slowly died down. I threw it at the seat beside gremlin and buried my face in my palms.

"The bag is still okay, not even a scratch or mark on its fine skin, you don't find  leather better than this." He said,studying the bag.

I looked up at his amused face,he was enjoying my tantrum and trying to subdue his laughter. I glared at him and he returned it back with a nod before starting the engine.

"You wanna tell me,what happened ?" He suggested,making a U-turn with the vehicle."Might make you feel better."

"There's this girl," I confessed.

He stopped me from continuing with an ear shrieking whistle and a wink through the review mirror.

"Not like that," I said,frowning.

There was no way in hell that,that would ever happen.

"Then like what ?" He laughed,rolling his eyes.

I wasn't used to talking to people about my problems,the little people I had were always concerned on the type of clothes I wore,how many contracts I signed in a day and anything that would make me sound intimidating to the press.I was suprised at how comfortable I was around my driver than my own blood father.

"She is not my type, I replied in a dismissive tone." I do not do negroids."

A sudden silence fell between us,making me to suspect that he was unhappy with my comment.

"Okay," He replied, with a finality in his voice.

He turned on a country song to suppress the uneasiness which I found catchy as I tapped my feet to the beat until the car came to a short stop. I looked  through  the tinted window, furious to see the diamond lion statue at the entrance , opening its mouth to reveal long canine teeths.