I DO

VIRAT

Rule no. One you guys can't meet each other before your marriage. You can survive that much come on.

"But christian ways aren't like that" Rima protested

"Shut up Rima"

Rule no. Two you guys will not be allowed to throw tantrums. You guys got to behave.

Third rule. If you guys are caught secretly meeting then you will be severely punished. Now get to bed.

We were being scolded like nursery kids and Aakash was standing and laughing. I'll see that brat later on.

Get away from each other. No seeing each other before marriage.

We quickly separated each other and scurried off caring less about the rules cause we knew there was no way to implement them on us. I went to my room and looked at the sky. We were at a farm house in Mumbai.

"Hey to be hubby good night" I saw the recent text from Rima. I smiled and texted her back
"I already miss you"

There was a light knock at my door. I opened it to reveal Rima. I was prevented from shouting as Rima clamped her soft hands to my mouth.

"Shh kohli, now dont dare you make me hear scoldings again"

I kept my hands on her waist and pulled her in. Closing the door behind we two cuddled together as in a sleepy sweet voice she asked me to wake her up at four cause she had to be back at room and it was already 2:45.

I woke up to a cold bed. Rima was gone. Probably sleeping peacefully in her room. Suddenly strange banging noises filled my ears and I rushed out rubbing sleep off my eyes and saw the others including Rima in the same state dragging themselves out. Aakash stood there at the corridors banging a plate and a glass together.

"Wakey wakey brides and bridegrooms, tis a big day today, not for y'all only but for the whole nation" he yelled and we nodded.

Soon the place was empty. The brides and bridegrooms were almost sleep walking, some with brushes in their hands some with face washes others with towels and kerchiefs. Aakash was outside at the lawn talking to the priest as other family members were at the church making preparations.

An enthusiastic Aakash and a few members of the family that were Virat's brother and sister and Gayathri's Brother and Riya's Brother entered the room to see all the brides and bridegrooms paired up and sleeping all across the room in each others arms. Riya and Rohit on the couch. Raina and Gayathri on the cane swing. Rima and Virat on the bean bag. All were sleeping peacefully oblivious of the several pairs of eyes watching them.

Soft snoring sounds surrounded the room and soon Vikas yelled across

"Wake up Kids!!!"

In moments they were up and in seconds the girls group and the guys group was separated.

The others shook their heads helplessly and gestured them to get ready, well yes after promising that they wont tell anyone about this.

RIMA

I wore the white gown. Had I been given the choice I would have worn...well forget it. Wearing the earing as I looked into the mirror. This getting ready like a girl was real hard. I wasnt finding the little puncture in my ear. I heard the door knob click and saw Virat come in. He hadn't seen me yet, he was cautiously looking outside and I spun the rotating chair and he turned.

"Rima" he barely whispered
"Virat" I tried to get up but no, his looks were making my knees so weak that I couldn't even get up properly.

"Rima you look, so beautiful" he complimented. I somehow made my way to him and kept my hands on his chest.
"You look handsome too Mr. Virat"