Saving one another

RIMA

Today after I came back from office at somewhat eight I could not hear Rowdy's joyful yapping, I thought he was sleeping so I ran up to my room. He wasn't there,not in the kitchen or hall or guest room terrace...he was nowhere. Dogs are loyal in fact more trustworthy than the humans so he must have ran away..He was abducted.

I fell down on to my knees,my head went blank as in Mumbai he was the only family member I had who could cheer me up at the middle of the night. I could see nothing except of the blackness that had instantly spread in front of my eyes.

Suddenly I felt a heat inside me does the heat wave of anger. I ran upstairs changed into my RCB jersey and jeans I know its weird but the day wore this pair to the match, RCB had won and the very day I had got Rowdy so it was on purpose to multiply my anger. I wanted the culprit o be punished by my own hands..how dare he cheat and then abduct my Rowdy for the very purpose.

But still the thought that they can torture my Rowdy...give pain to him..his painful howls, my limping friend blurred my vision as the tears came but I gathered myself. Suddenly I heard some scampering in the bushes...Rowdy..I ran to the terrace I couldn't see much so I climbed up to the edge peeping if somebody was there. I saw a black figure with a sack doing something behind the bushes.

If I went down to catch him he may flee so I jumped off the terrace edge into my newly developed swimming pool. There I wasted my brains. The splash alerted him and he ran away.

I came out of the pool and ran after him. I climbed up the wall and behind him.

VIRAT
I wasted no moment and ran outta my car to her house. I had to save her in any possible way.

She just can't be that weak it were to be some great grief that was troubling her that might have prompted her to do so. But I won't let her slip away. She just can't leave me unanswered. She has to give me a valid justification for this cowardly act of hers.

I ran to her house..there was no one. No blood,no Rima I mean this was uncanny, I was not hallucinating.

"Rimaaaa" I shouted on the top of my voice

I suddenly heard Rima yell, a painful one. I ran out. At a distance I could see Rima and some other man fighting. I saw Rima's actual tomboy this time..she was a pro at kick boxing and angry as a volcano.The man no less but he couldn't hurt Rima that much. Rowdy stood there limping a little.

I ran towards them and shoved Rima aside, and gave a ferocious blow to the man on his nose.He bled.

"Virat get aside he is my prey, he abducted my rowdy, he hit me so I only have got the right to hit him" she said

"Shut upp"

She didn't speak another word. She hit the man from behind. The man moved his hand to hit her head. She rubbed her head and kicked his leg.The man back kicked her and she fell down. I looked at her worridely and felt the man move and hit him again.

But with all his might he he shoved me forward and within secongs he took out a dagger. A sharp one.

He took his cloth mask off.

"I don't care you are the virat kohli or whoever. I just don't care. I too wanted my killer to win.If it would have been so,killer would have got the prize for the third consecutive year and as the competition rule says I would have got a huge cash money,two damn years I have been winning by hook or by crook but this time none of my hook or crook came in use, Rowdy won the contest and I want revenge" He said pointing the sharp weapon at me.

His cheater mentality and materialistic thoughts boiled the blood inside me and had I had a cut or wound I swear my blood would have evaporated through that wound.

I tried going away but he moved forward and thrust the knife into me. I closed my eyes but I never ever felt the pain. I opened my eyes. The man was on the ground,dagger thrown aside and his hand in Rowdy's jaws. He had toppled down killer's owner before he caused any amount of harm to him.

Rima was up to her feet. Calling someone. Probably the police. No it was the competition head. Good idea. They came and served him well.

She looked at Rowdy and laded him with kisses and pats. Rowdy let out a joyful howl and we walked to her house. On the way she told her jumping off the terrace incident and I just suddenly laughed at myself eating a weird look from her. Once I told her what I thought she laughed with me mending Rowdy's wounds. We walked down to the to her terrace and looked at me with saddened eyes and eventually they lit up and she pulled me into a bone marrow crushing hug. And she...she broke down.I heard her silent sobbing in my ears and felt her warm tears on my neck.

I dropped to my knees with her. She kept her head thrust into my chest and I gripped my hands round her. Pulling her to me.

"I don't know virat what I could have done without you"

"Hey Rima...calm down dude...I am always available for you...no one has ever given me the amount of happiness you have given me. I can never leave your side"

I got to see many new sides of hers today. We were on the terrace ground. On our knees. She in my arms. Sobbing her worries out. It was so perfect. Our bond was so strong. I was determined to save her, Roma determined to save Rowdy and that animal was so loyal, Rowdy was determined to save me.

The black clouds above moved away bringing the faint moonshine on us. The slight drizzling and the rich aroma of the freshly wetted mud made the momment so perfect.

Neither she made any attempt to break the hug nor I showed any signs of wanting to leave her. So I didn't.I let her feel comfortable in my arms, I stroked her hair lightly. Neither of us said anything. We were just comfortable the way we were. The drizzling didn't seem to bother us in any way. My hand slid from from her head to down her spine. Comforting her.

"My jersey suits you" I whispered in her ears. I noticed and felt the glossy gold 18 on her back.Obviously vir at written under it.

"Shut it understand???" She whispered back
I smiled to myself and am damn sure that this girl in my hands must have done too.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Heyguys hope you liked the chapter. I literally never had in my mind to end the story but you all know naa am such an innocent prankster so I thought of playing a harmless prank on wattpad. Wow...I now dropped horror and now into thriller,action and little bit of romance....awwww. Hope you liked it so vote comment heart and recommend

-Sporty999