Stay!

Raina

There is nothing compared to a good night's sleep after a long tiring day. Infact a long tiring week. I had never seen Gayathri so enthusiastic before. This was the busiest , lovliest , and most enjoyable week. We all were away from home. Rima, virat, Gayathri and me. Playing with and caring for a dog brought back my childhood memories.

Rowdy must not have understood what value he got, but don't know why it was almost like an achievement having him as the dog of the contest. We were moving back home. It was far away. And thinking of a good night's sleep made me more enthusiastic for reaching home.  I was on the back seat window, Gayathris head hit my shoulder. She had fell asleep.

Rima was in her own world, staring and rubbing and shining and hugging and kissing the ribbons and the trophy. I wont be surprised if she went on a date with them.

As my gaze went to virat I let out a laugh. It was sheer pity seeing him. On the passenger seat Rowdy was seated with pride with one Blue ribbon hanging from his collar. Okay I felt a pity on my car too, which was now paw printed. But Virat, he had no one to talk to. some were asleep, some were in their own world (me included) and only one he could talk with was Rowdy.

"Common Raina, try being on my situation and then try to laugh" He said sarcastically.

Soon we arrived at our house. Rima looked at my with heavy eyes, she widened them so that they do not drop.

"Raina we are sleepy , exhausted and tired can we spend one night at your house?"

That would be great, a lively, homley atmosphere will be there which was missed by me. 

we all entered my house and I turned to lock the door. I turned again so what we do is.........   God they all slept on the spot, on the sofa? and Rowdy was streching himself on my warm mat, oh my poor mat. But I love Rowdy "The dog of the contest"

I also plopped down on the bean bag and drifted off to sleep.

VIRAT

I woke up to a sound of something dropping, the trophy from Rima;s hand dropped. She was uncomfortable, even I was, Infact everybody else was except Rowdy. well no one had a peaceful face, the sofa or the bean bag was hurting..

I shifted a little more towards Rima and took the ribbons from her hand and kept a cushion by her side to prevent her from hurting heself on the wood part of the sofa. I got up and walked towards the window facing the Lawn. I could feel the cool summer breeze brushing my face.

"What are you doing here?"

"same question to you"

Rima came and stood by my side.

"i have the sleep late wake early attitude" she said.

"You love Rowdy very much right"

"yeah I do, more than myself , there is no one except Rowdy with me in mumbai, all are settled somewhere else"

"I am there" Her eyes shot up and looked at me and I just smirked

"out of lakhs of names, you chose Rowdy, wanted to make others aware that he is unruly??"

"Actually Virat it has a deep sense R stands for Radiant and my Rowdy is Radiant, O stands for Onyx a black gemstone representing his eyes, W stands for water, his clear heart, D stands for diamond , my rowdy is one and Y stands for yellow his coat

Once my dad told me this poem and since then I love dogs even more....

 Why own a dog? There's a danger you know,