9. Jamie Benn

"(Y/B/F), let's go!" I said to my best friend. "You've been doing your makeup for almost two hours."

She came out of her room, two lipsticks in hand. "Some of us have to work extra hard to look pretty, unlike you. Now, which lipstick should I wear tonight?"

I pointed at the red one. "Can we go now?"

She put the red lipstick in her purse and tossed the pink one on her bed. "Yes."

She followed me out of our apartment to my car.

"You trying to get laid tonight?" she asked, a smirk on her face as she looked at my outfit.

"No," I replied as I started driving. "I just want to look nice tonight."

"Well, Jamie will be there, just in case you change your mind."

I could feel myself blushing. Luckily it was dark enough in the car for my sudden blood rush to be hidden from her sight. "We aren't hooking up, we barely even talk anymore. He's so busy with hockey stuff and I'm always busy with work. Besides, I don't even think he likes me that much."

"(Y/N), I'm saying this because I'm your best friend and I want you to be happy, get your head out of your ass and realize Jamie really likes you."

I pulled into Jason's driveway and trailed behind (Y/B/F) as she entered the already buzzing party.

"(Y/N)! You made it!" Jason threw his arms around me, clearly somewhat drunk. "Don't tell him I told you, but Jamie's been looking for you,"he whispered.

"Oh so you aren't going to say hey to me, Demers?" (Y/B/F) teased.

They constantly flirted and acted like a couple, but they insisted they were just friends. However, everyone knew they were more than that.

"I was hoping if I ignored you enough, you'd disappear," he teased back.

I left them talking and wandered i to the crowd, hoping to spot a fmailiar face. When I did, time flew by as we danced and drank.

At some point, I found Tyler leaned against a wall, phone in hand.

"Tyler Seguin isn't partying?" I said with a tone of surprise. "Is the world ending or something?"

He looked up when he heard my voice and pulled me into a hug. "Where have you been? I've missed you."

I shrugged. "Working, sleeping, staying away from bad influences like you and Jason."

He smirked. "Is that why you've been staying away from Jamie? Is he a bad influence?"

I didn't respond.

"He really like you, you know. If it weren't for both of your busy schedules, I'm sure you two would be dating by now."

"I wouldn't be opposed to trying," I replied. "I'm pretty sure you already know, but I really like him too."

"Less than two minutes till midnight!" Jason yelled.

The music shut off and everyone crowded around the TV to watch the countdown.

"One minutes!"

I turned to ask Tyler something only to find out he was gone. I wandered over to where (Y/B/N) was standing with Jason.

"Have you seen Jamie or Tyler?" (Y/B/N) asked.

"I was just talking to Tyler, but he disappeared."

"30 seconds!"

I caught a glimpse of Tyler as he moved through the crowd with who I assumed to be Jamie, behind him.

I looked down and saw Jason's hand intertwined with (Y/B/N). Before I could ask anything, the crowd erupted into a countdown.

"Ten, nine, eight, seven..."

I half-heartedly joined in. "Four, three, two, one!"

"Happy New Year!"

I stood awkwardly as everyone around me grabbed someone and kissed them. To be honest, I wasn't surprised when I looked over at (Y/B/N) and saw her making out with Jason.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around.

Before I could react, Jamie's lips crashed into mine.

"Start the year off by becoming my girlfriend?" he asked once he pulled away.

I smiled. "I would love too."

***

Happy New Year guys! I'm sitting in the car waiting for my cousin to come out of the ABC store and I wrote this really quick. It's pretty short but this idea hit me and I wanted to write it. I hope your 2016 is amazing!