Tyler Seguin [3/4]

I tapped my fingers against my thigh as I waited impatiently for an update on Tyler. When I arrived, Skyler had changed her mind and had decided to wait for Jamie. After Jamie told me the reason they were there was because Tyler had been in an accident, I couldn't bring myself to leave.

"I have good news," Dr. Anderson said, walking over to the group that consisted of Jamie, Jordie, Skyler and me. "Tyler's injuries are minor and he should be fine resting at home. I'm assuming one of you could assist him for the next week?"

We all looked around at each other. Jamie and Jordie were too busy with hockey and Skyler hardly ever had free time on weekdays. That left me.

I stepped forward. "I can. Are there any specific instructions I need to follow?"

"I'll have a full guide on what medications he needs to take and when. It'll also include a list of 'do's and don'ts.' I'm guessing you all would like to see him?"

We all nodded and followed Dr. Anderson down the hall to the room where Tyler was.

"How're you feeling?" Jamie asked, looking down at Tyler.

Tyler winced as he tried to sit up. "Great, I've never felt better."

I let out an unintentional laugh and blushed as Tyler turned, noticing me for the first time since I'd been standing behind Jordie.

"Babe, we should probably get back to your parents," Skyker whispered to Jamie.

He nodded and looked over at Jordie. "You coming with us?"

Jordie nodded and looked over at Tyler before walking out. "Don't do anything stupid while you recover, we need you back on ice asap."

Tyler nodded and we both watched as the three exited the room.

"Are you leaving too?" Tyler asked.

I shook my head. "Well, not unless you want me to."

He laughed. "Trust me, that's the last thing I want."

I smiled. "Well I guess you're in luck, I have to take care of you for a week while you recover."

Before Tyler could say anything Dr. Anderson walked in and handed me a packet of papers. "Here you go. You'll have to pick up his prescription on the way home, " he turned to Tyler. "You're free to go."

A nurse came in and helped Tyler get up and get over to his clothes before handing him a pair of crutches. "It's not necessary to use them but I recommend it to help your knee," she gave Tyler a small smile before exiting, leaving the two of us alone.
I noticed there were a few stitches running up his arm . I turned away until Tyler was done changing and we slowly walked out to the parking lot. I helped him into the passenger seat and walked around to my side.

"I'm still not entirely sure what happened, care to explain?" I asked as I drove to pharmacy.

He sighed. "I don't remember honestly. One minute I was driving, the next I was in a hospital room with bruises everywhere."

After picking his medications up at the pharmacy we kept the talking at a minimum the rest of the drive to his house. Upon arrival, I helped him get out of the car and to the front door.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a key and unlocked the door. I followed him in and closed the door behind me. I had been here just hours before and hadn't expected to be back, ever, or at least for a long time.

"Do you want to go to bed or are you just going to hang out on the couch?" I asked him.

He shrugged and put his crutches against the wall. "I don't really want to do either."