7. Dylan Strome

Personal imagine for Katie, aka my favorite Strome girl aside from myself. I hope you like it :)

-

"Are you excited?" My best friend Mila asked, handing me the McDavid jersey I was going to wear tonight.

I nodded and slipped it on over my long sleeve shirt. "I just wish I didn't have to wear Connor's number, it's getting kind of old."

"Katie, you're his sister, you're wearing his number whether or not you want to."

I followed Mila out to the car and hopped into the passenger seat.

I had left to boarding school about a few months ago and had gotten back home a few hours ago. My mom had insisted that I attend my older brother's hockey game tonight and surprise him since he didn't know I was back.

Hockey had been a part of my life since I was born, even playing it for three years when I was younger. However, the spotlight had always been on Connor. I didn't mind that so much, I had always preferred to be in the stands surrounded by food, cheering for my brother's team.

"Connor's gonna be really glad you're back," Mila said, turning the radio volume down.

I smiled. "I really missed him, we've always been so close, it felt weird not having to remind him when he had to be at practice.

Mila pulled into a parking spot and turned off the engine. "We should probably get going before the guys leave the locker room."

I nodded and let Mila lead the way into the Erie Insurance Arena and to the locker room. I was nervous to say the least. I had left for boarding school without telling Connor, or anyone aside from my parents and Mila, and according to my parents, he was far from okay with it. All I could do was hope his anger had blown over. My contact with everyone back in Erie had been very limited, I wasn't sure what to expect.

The room was buzzing with excitement when Mila and I walked in. The guys were scattered throughout the room, some still lacing up their skates, the majority were just relaxing.

"Katie?"

I looked around the room trying to find the voice that called my name. It didn't take long to find Connor staring at me from across the room.

I gave him a smile and walked towards him, eager to give him a hug.

"When did you get back?" He asked, pulling me into a tight hug.

"A few hours ago," I replied, grateful that he wasn't mad.

"You should go talk to Dylan," he whispered. "He really missed you."

I blushed and punched Connor's arm. "Shut up."

He laughed and looked over my shoulder, a frown appearing on his face as he looked around the room.

"He walked out," Mila said, pointing to the door.

"Is he mad at me?" I asked, turning back to Connor.

He scratched the back of his neck. "I'm not sure... He was furious when you left, probably more than I was."

I sighed. "Do you have any idea where he might be?"