5. Tom Wilson

This was requested on Tumblr and I'm not ready to publish part 3 yet because I feel like it's trash so here's a Tom Wilson imagine as an apology for that. I hope you like it!

***

"Babe, are you ready?" Tom asked, poking his head into the room.

I turned around and nodded hesitantly. The thought of being around the other WAGS made me nervous, I had never met any of them and I didn't know what to expect. Regardless, I took one last glance in the mirror, readjusted my jersey and walked over to Tom. "Let's go."

He took my hand in his and we walked out to his car, breaking contact to get into the car and intertwining our hands yet again as he began to drive to the Verizon Center.

We walked into the familiar arena and parted ways as he headed to the locker room and I to the stands. This wasn't my first time attending a game, I'd grown up attending Capital's games with my dad, our love for hockey being one of the many things that had made our father-daughter relationship so strong. Shortly after his passing, I met Tom and I continued to attend games with my younger brother, Ryan. He was always clad in his Ovechkin jersey and I in my Wilson one.
However tonight was different, Ryan was home sick and I would be sitting with a bunch of women who I didn't know and to be honest, intimidated me.

It wasnt hard to find the section i would be in tonight as the family of the players were the only ones in the arena. I spotted Nastya and Anastasia as well as Brandi and Erin all sitting together. I slowly made my way up to where they were sitting and felt the need to puke as they all turned to look at me. They were all dressed as if they were attending a red carpet event rather than a hockey game.

"Who are you?" Nastya asked, breaking off the conversation she had been having with Anastasia.

I forced a smile. "I'm (y/n), I'm Tom's girlfriend."

Brandi gave me a smile. "Braden told me you'd be coming tonight, its nice to meet you."

I felt a rush of relief knowing that not all of the hockey wags were as bad as they could seem at times. I felt Nastya's eyes burning into the back of my head as I introduced myself to the rest of the girls. Unless I was going insane, which I doubted, I could guarantee Nastya and Anastasia were whispering about me and my choice of attire.

I took a seat beside Brandi and made small talk whilst impatiently waiting for the game go start. Gradually, the fans started to pour into the stands and soon the players were making their way onto the ice.

***

As the boys warmed up I found myself drifting away from any and all interaction happening between the wives and girlfriends. Of course, any time Tom looked over I put on my best smile and acted like I was having the time of my life, even though I couldn't be farther from it.

The girls didn't seem to be interested in the game at all, in fact, the only time something hockey related was mentioned was when Nastya mentioned something regarding the suit Alex had worn. I on the other hand, was muttering profanities as the 3rd period came down to the last 5 minutes and the Caps were down 3-2. Somehow, they managed to pull it together and score twice.

When the sound of the buzzer rang through the stadium I sighed knowing this would mean Tom would want to go somewhere tonight. I said a quick goodbye to Brandi and sent a text to Tom as I walked out to the parking lot.