OO

Dean's pov

I pulled my bags out of the trunk of the cab and set it down on the sidewalk, closing the hatch and stepping away.

"Thank you." My sister told the driver, handing him the bills. "Is that enough?"

The driver checked the amount and nodded, putting it into a metal box.

Ariel stepped up onto the side walk beside me, looking up at the big house in front of us.

"This is it."

I looked up at her, and then to the house where we would hopefully spend the rest of our lives.

"Let's do it."

Together we walked up the pathway and Ariel took forever to open the door.

"Welcome to our new home." Ariel stated, walking into the house.

I followed, looking around at everything.

The house already had some furniture in it, covered by plastic.

"We'll have to get new beds and pillows, but this stuff still looks okay." Ariel stated, pulling the plastic off of one of the couches. "Go look around, pick a room."

I wandered off on my own, going upstairs. The hallway I ended up in had 4 doors on each side.

I looked into each one, still not sure which room I wanted.

I turned the corner and entered another hallway but this one had a set of stairs at the end.

The room at the top of the stairs was huge.

The walls were painted a royal blue colour, which happened to my favourite colour. The ceiling was painted black and had tiny white dots that looked like stars painted over top. Only 2 of the 4 walls were covered in posters, the other 2 were bare. There was a window leading out to a balcony that overlooked the massive backyard.

"Dean!"

"What!" It still felt weird, talking, after so many years of not using my voice, but it also felt freeing, being able to use my voice again without being scared of what might happen.

"Have you picked a room?"

I looked around the room I was standing in and nodded to myself.

"I think so!" I called back to her.

I set the backpack I was wearing on the floor near the desk and just as I was about to leave the room, my fingers ran over an etching in the desk.

I bent down closer to the desk squinting to try and read the writing.

Tony Morgan Colt