Chapter 16- Shinigamis

"How is your plan going? 2 months are passing by soon. You better hurry up." Cordell urged.

"Sshhh Cordell, I have just started school sheesh. Anyways, Aomine and Momoi had seen me as you know. And-"

"And what?"

I clench me fists nervously. "Akashi, he found out too."

"And who is this Akashi?"

"You can always look into my past right?"

"And you can always tell me right?"

"Fine."

You sighed.

"Akashi was the captain of my middleschool's basketball team. Well, he's well-respected and he's feared by many. However, he's a really nice person. He gets along very well with the GoM but things changed. After the showdown with Mukkun, he changed. His eyes became heterochromatic. His behavior changed. His style of managing the team had also changed. That's when the team spirit was lost."

"I see."

You got up from the sofa and walked towards the tv console to pick up the photo frame.

"From the left to the right, Murasakibara Atsushi, Akashi Seijuro, Midorima Shintaro, Kuroko Tetsuya, Momoi Satsuki, Kise Ryouta and Aomine Daiki. Momoi was their manager. Now she's the manager of Touou's basketball team. I'm the assistant manager."

"I see."

There was a moment of silence.

"Say, Cordell, do Shinigamis feel anything? As in emotionally."

"Why the sudden question?"

"I was just wondering."

" No. Shinigamis don't feel a single thing."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm certain of it."

Cordell's P.O.V

Truth be told, I wasn't certain. In general, do Shinigamis feel emotions? No, we're different from humans. However, there are such cases that has caused Shinigamis to feel emotions, but the chances of that is only 0.1%. I quickly dismissed that thought.

"Cordell, why are you always so stern and frowning?"

"No I am not."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

"No you're not."

"Yes I'm not."

"Damn, and I thought that I could confuse you." I pouted.

"Unlike you, I have a higher level of intelligence."

"So mean."

There was a moment of silence.

"I think you should smile more."

"Why?"

"Cause you're too stern and standoffish. People might hate you."

"I don't care."

"Come on! Let me see that smile of yours! It's not like I haven't seen it before right?"

"Wait what? You have seen it before? WHEN?"

"Oh you don't remember? That time when I asked for your name. That smile was so small though, but it was so very bright."

"EXCUSE ME? YOU SAW THAT?!"

"Yeah I did and it's no big deal right?"

"FORGET THAT AT ONCE."

"Nope! I don't want to~" I said in a singsong voice.

"Then I guess I have no choice......"

My smirk turned into a wide gape as Cordell wiped his scythe clean.

"You aren't serious right?"

... ...

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~! PLEASEEEEEEE FORGIVE MEEEEEEEEEEE~~!"

Third Person's P.O.V

"That house is sure lively."