Chapter 22

"I felt her kick for the first time," Josh says.

"Yeah, and he cried like a baby," Madison chimes in.

We all met up at Red Lobster for dinner. Everyone is here except for Ava since she stayed back at school.

I look over to where Cooper is sitting and smirk. "I told you they weren't going to have a boy."

He chuckles and waves me off. "It doesn't matter, my goddaughter is going to kick ass still."

"Yeah she will. She'll be even more cooler because she's going to have two awesome godmothers and I guess you too." When Madison asked me to be the godmother I couldn't not say yes. She couldn't decide between Ava and I, so she called her and told her the news. To say that Ava was excited is an understatement.

Tyler leans over and kisses me on the cheek. "You're going to make a great godparent, babe," he whispers. I kiss him on the lips and mouth a thank you.

"So," Cooper claps his hands together. "What's the next move?"

Josh pays for us and as we're walking out we talk about our plans.

"We can have a movie night at my house," Tyler suggests.

"Count me in. I'm desperate," Cooper says.

I ride with Tyler back to his house and I contemplate on telling him about my night with Zayden. After our talk, he text and called me for a couple of days, but stopped when he seen that I wasn't going to answer him. I make a mental note to tell him before I go back home tonight.

Never taking his eyes off of the road, Tyler grabs my hand and brings it to his mouth. "I'm so glad to be with you again. I can't believe it's been a month since I've last saw you."

"I know. I missed you so much," I lean over to kiss his cheek.

"I think I'll never be over how beautiful your house is," I say in awe.

Tyler laughs beside me. "Trust me, you'll get over it."

"Oh yeah? What makes you think that?"

He smirks. "I don't think, I know. Our house will be way better than this." He pulls me in for a kiss. "You'll be Adalyn Jameson, New York Times bestselling author and I'll be Tyler Jameson, the best Sports Medicine Doctor in the world." We both laugh and he shrugs. "You'll make more money than me of course because they'll turn your books into movies. They'll be so good."

"You really think that?"

He gives me his shy smile and answers with so much confidence. "Of course. You're my muse, Addy. You make me a better person."

Instead of replying, I kiss him long and hard. Any girl would be happy to hear what Tyler is telling me and I am happy, but the guilt is eating me alive. I try to tell him but I'm cut off by Josh.

"Come on guys, the movie is starting."

Tyler glances at Josh and tell him we'll be right there and turns back to me.

"What were saying?"

I wave him off. "Nothing," I try to offer a smile. "It can wait. It's not important," I lie.

After the third movie goes off, Cooper gets up to take it out.

"I'm glad we're all back together. I do miss my baby though." Me and Madison swoon.

"Aww, Coop. Who knew you'd become a romantic," I say.

He looks over at Tyler. "And I guess I'm glad you're with is to, Ty." We all laugh at him.