Chapter 4

We get to the ice rink and I am freezing my ass off. I stare at the other people on the rink, amazed at their tricks. I didn't realize I was shivering until Tyler pulls me into his body.

He looks down at me and fixes my scarf "You're really cold, huh?"

I give him a slight nod. "Yeah, but it's okay, I'll be fine. I'm kind of used to the cold."

"Yeah I figured we should go ice skating and talk after."

I agree with him and he grabs my hand so we can walk to get our skates. After Tyler finishes putting on his skates, he sees that I am having trouble with mine so he helps me.

I shake my head and look down at him. "I am really having trouble with these damn things. I don't understand what's so hard about putting them on."

He chuckles and finishes tying my shoe. He pulls me up from the seat. I quickly look down at our intertwined hands and think to myself that I can get used to this. Control yourself. You don't even know him that well to think that. My subconscious says.

"It's okay. I don't mind helping you at all and you look really really pretty, by the way."

I smile and thank him.

As we make our way back to the rink, I am hesitant because I don't want to make a fool of myself. Tyler sees the hesitation on my face and nudges me in the arm.

"Hey, it's okay. You'll be fine. Even if you fall or something you'll still be fine. I'll try my best not to let that happen, but if you do it'll be okay, Addy."

"Aw, you're so sweet Tyler. Well, I feel a little better about the situation, so come on."

We do a couple of laps around the rink together, and I notice how good he is. I automatically assume that he has brought other girls here on a date. I want to ask him, but I know I'm probably getting beside myself if I do. Maybe if you indirectly ask him it'll be okay, I think to myself. I agree with that plan and try to be discreet about the question.

"Wow, you are really good at this. You weren't lying."

Tyler looks at me and we come to a slower pace.

"Yeah, I used to play hockey when I was younger, and my dad would bring me here to practice. He said it would help me become the best I can be, so I took his advice. I really don't understand why I still come and I don't even play hockey anymore. This hobby is kind of therapeutic," he smiles at me. "Sorry, I'm ranting."

I shake my head to disagree with him. "No, it's fine. You're not ranting. I think it's kind of cool that you still come even after your hockey days."

He smiles at me and I can tell that he's kind of relieved that I'm not judging him about his hobby.

"Thanks Addy. I've actually never brought anyone else with me other than my sister, so it's nice to share it with someone else."

In my mind I am jumping up and down in happiness, but in reality I play it cool and nod my head.

"That's really nice of you to bring me with you. Thanks for that."

"Oh, it's no problem. I'm very intrigued by you, so I wanted to show you something that I liked. So what about you? What's your hobby?"

I'm so shocked at what Tyler said to me, I lose my balance and fall right on my ass. Tyler immediately kneels down to help me up, but you can tell he's trying his hardest not to laugh at me. I roll my eyes and tell him to let the laugh out.

"I'm sorry Addy, it was funny but cute. It's okay." Before I can say anything else he pulls me off the rink and takes us to a table.

"I'll be back, I'm going to grab us some hot chocolate."