Prologue

25 years ago

A thirteen year old Maria Lopez leaned against her balcony, admiring the night sky and thinking about her new life. So much has changed in one year and she couldn't believe it. She didn't know if this new life was good or was bad yet.

The door to her room creaked and she quickly turned to see the culprit. "I come in peace," the blonde boy in her room said with a smile.

She sighed and turned back to the beautiful night sky. "What are you doing here Kent," she asked him.

Kent chuckled. "What are you doing in here?" He walked over to the balcony and stared up to the sky like Maria. "We're all downstairs hanging out while you are staring at nothing."

Maria rolled her eyes at him. He never appreciated nature like she did. "I was admring the view," she said to him.

"So am I," he says.

She turns to look at him and sees him staring at her. She smiled and pushes his shoulder. "What are you doing here? It's not like you to not be the center of attention."

He gives her mischievous grin. "All I want is your attention right now sweet cheeks."

"Whatever." She starts thinking again and looks up at the stars.

"What are you thinking about?"

She shrugs. "About tomorrow."

"What about it?"

She bites her lip as she debates whether or not to tell him. She did trust Kent and the others, but thoughts like these could get her in trouble. "I-I feel like we're weapons," she finally tells him.

This time Kent rolled his eyes. "Marie we're not weapons. You heard the headmaster. We're gods among these humans."

"Then why is he having us kill innocent people," she shoots back, looking him straight in his dark grey eyes.

The blonde sighs in frustration. "Marie, with them dead our lives will be a party."

She snorts. "Yeah, private party."

He frowns at her. "What are you talking about?"

She crosses her arms as she asks him, "do you know what he's going to do after we kill the world leaders?"

He nods his head yes, "Yeah we'll take over as the world's rulers. We're the future and it's our turn now."

She scoffs at him. "There are only 4.5 percent of mutants in the world right now. That means we're trying to take over 95.5 percent of the world's population."

"So. Nomusare horrible people that need guidance from us," Kent argues, using the slang word for non-mutant people.

"Your parents were nomus," she points out.

"And look what happened. They gave me away after I was born," he screams at her. "Since birth, I've seen the evil of Nomu and if the headmaster never adopted me I wouldn't have learned the good Nomus can be with some guidance."

"Nomus aren't all that bad. My foster parents were good people."

"But your biological mom tried to kill you."

Kyra sighed. "We aren't going to agree on anything tonight, so just leave."

Kent huffed at her. "Headmaster said you have to be downstairs by 10 to discuss the plans." He storms out of the room and slams the door shut.

"Great," Maria says sarcastically, thinking about her future. "The Life of the Private party."

I hope you liked it please vote comment and follow