Chapter Sixty-Five

Start from the beginning

"I know, baby but it's gonna be perfectly fine. I'll take care of the girls so you two don't have to worry and you both go and see her." I say.

She nods, "I need to go pack some stuff."

"Okay, do you want me to help you?" I ask.

Katniss shakes her head, "Just watch Willow." She says and disappears upstairs.

I sigh, I hate seeing Katniss this way when she's already been so emotional already and I am just hoping her morning sickness can chill while shes gone.

It hasn't been as bad the last couple of days but you never know when it'll decide to come back.

"Daddy, I don't want Momma to leave." Willow says, beginning to cry.

I frown and walk over to where she sits at the kitchen table and pick her up.

"I know. Me either but Bristol's grandma is really sick and she needs Mommy to go with her to see her." I tell her.

Willow sighs, "But this was suppose to be me and Mommy's week like it was when I was little."

I frown, "I know, sweetheart but I promise that Momma will try and make up for it and so will Bristol. They will be back sometime this week. It's only Monday." I remind her.

She nods, "Will you color pictures with me then?"

"I sure will." I say and set her back down in her chair.

I take a seat next to her and Willow rips me out a page of her coloring book and scoots her box of crayons closer to me.

"Can I see your pictures?" I ask, seeing that she's been working on a few already.

She shyly slides the color book over to me and I flip through the pages of the mostly neatly colored pictures.

"These are good, baby." I say, really proud of her.

I love them but even for first graders, Carter and Finn still scribble when they color.

"Thanks." She says and I hand Willow her book back. 

She sighs and flips to a fresh sheet, "I'm gonna make this one for Bristle since you said her was sad. She gets really happy when I make her stuff at school."

I smile, "I bet she would love that." I say truthfully.

"You make that one for Mommy." Willow instructs me.

I chuckle and look down at the picture with a castle and a dragon too and start coloring the best that I can for Katniss who will probably just laugh at it.

About ten minutes later Katniss comes down with a small bag in her hand.

"Bristol is on her way." She says.

I nod my head and she comes over and stands by me, like a child might, I cover the paper with my hand so she can't see.

She laughs a little, "What? I wanna see."

I shake my head.

"You can't see it, Momma until he is done." Willow says to her.

Katniss smiles a little, "Can I see yours?" She asks Willow.

"Yeah, mine is for Bristle since you said she's sad."

She nods, "She will love it." Katniss assures her.

I smile a little at Katniss and flip the page over face down.

"Can we talk a minute?" I ask her.