Chapter 10: Escape

Rebecca threw the bottle down as hard as she could. She had no idea what she was doing, but within the same second as proclaiming her love, as quietly as humanly possible, she was also throwing her love down to the ground. She didn't even have time to look down at Ty, whom she was throwing to his death, probably.

The split second it took Ty to reach the ground passed by without his knowledge, and he quickly watched the glass, crack, break and shatter all around him. As if the bottle was filled with clear unsounding fog, when the glass broke it burst forth and covered the area in thick smoke. White incense-smelling fog covered the eyes and blinded the onlookers, while covering Rebecca in an unknown state of awe.

From somewhere in the large room, Rebecca heard a word like a shout, and the fog was suddenly swept away. Rebecca expected to see Tim and Erin standing before her with angry looks of surprise, while an empty bottle lay shattered on the ground. She expected to see evidence of Ty being dead and for them to condemn her for her murder. But that's not what she saw.

Standing before her was a figure in a black sleeveless hood, white V-neck and gray jeans. Just a hand out in front of her, and she could touch the body of a boy that had not been standing there a moment ago. He was facing her, and his eyes were just as they had been before, bright blue under the shadow of his hood. His smile was sly and knowing, and his broad stance was defensive.

"Hi," he said, low and swoonful.

"Hey," she said back, smiling and grasping for her hair.

"What is this?" A voice rang through the pillars. The couple looked back and saw the sages gathered about the room. "Why is he free of his cage?"

"Sages, we must look further into the case of Ty Blue," Erin said to them. "There is information that we don't have."

"It doesn't matter!" another sage said. "He is a killer! He admitted it! We must stop him now, before the fallen takes its hold on his soul!"

"If I'm right, then his soul could never fall to the darkness!" Erin shouted back at them. Ty had Rebecca behind him and he was looking at Tim. The massive man towered over Ty, which was something since Ty had to be six foot. Still the man pointed his sword at Ty and stared him down, not turning to see the sages.

"There is no boy capable of withstanding the Fallen. Tim, you must kill him, before he escapes and hurts others. Before he hurts that girl!"

Ty and Tim were locked in a stare, and neither could break it. It was as if they were having a full conversation in the few seconds that they stood like statues.

"TIM!" Another sage yelled. "You are commanded to kill him!" Tim broke the stare and looked down and slightly back, as if acknowledging the sage. He then looked at Ty, cocked his eyebrow and mouthed the word 'GO'. Without moving his head, his eyes pointed Ty to the windows they were level with.

Ty smiled, and lowered his head slightly. "Hold onto me, tight. You too, cat." Darcy had made his way to Rebecca and began to claw onto Ty's jeans.

Then something happened, and Rebecca was never sure after that what it actually was that happened, but she sure was happy for the way it went down. The moment after she heard Ty say something to the effect of "Thank you," directed toward Tim, there was a hazy sort of flash, but rather than light, it was a flash of shadow. The ground below them lifted downward, or possibly fell up away from their feet, and then there was a terrible crashing sound. It started with a thump, ka chunk, then shattering glass, followed by cool air, and the feeling of water.

By the time Rebecca's eyes had caught up to the happenings of her body, she realized that she was moving through the air and away from the hotel. Then she realized she was moving through the air away from the hotel... a hundred or so feet in the air. Rebecca couldn't help but let out a muffled scream as she looked around at the city, knowing that she was certain to come sailing downward at any second. She was right.