Chapter 3: Gremlins

Rebecca was in her room packing the essentials. If she was going to go into the city, go on an adventure, then she needed to make sure she had everything a young girl would need. Things like extra pants, underwear, a flashlight, and a small bottle of pepper spray that her father had given to her when she turned thirteen. Thinking back on her experience that evening, she also packed a sandwich bag full of fishy treats, which Darcy was very interested in.

The others were in the living room. Ty was telling Joy the Fairy, Trish the Pixie and Ara the Water Sprite about his spell, and they gave him advice that only a magical sort of person would understand. He seemed a little more enjoyable after Rebecca had told him that she would help him. But she had no idea what she was doing, or where she was going.

Zipping up her backpack, she walked back into the den, and for the second time that night she realized that the room held the most curious company. The girls were dancing around holding hands singing a song, while Ty and his bottle sat in the middle of them, obviously annoyed by their delight. He looked up and saw the regular sized girl and her hair now in two braided pigtails, his face lit up, hoping she could take him away from the miniature girls.

He stood up in the bottle, being thankful for the cover that the duct tape gave him, and he waved at Rebecca. "Are we ready to go yet? Please!?" He said begging threw a stern face.

"Oh, wait, wait!" Joy said hovering upward. "Before you go, you must allow us to help you somehow."

"How?" Rebecca asked.

"Well, Ty says that he doesn't know where he needs to go, and we were talking, and despite how wonderful you are sweet Rebecca Moon, we think you could use a guide."

"Which one will guide us then?" Rebecca asked.

"He will!" Trish yelled out.

The three girls flew over to Darcy, who was on the coffee table, looking at Ty in the bottle. They circled around the cat, and created a small ball of light around him. The sound of buzzing wings and shimmering light resonated for a moment before the girls disappeared from the scene, and all that was left was small lights that floated in the air.

The cat was on all fours and bristle-backed. Looking as though he was ready to attack, his eyes darted about the room, trying to find the disturbance.

"What in the bloody hell was that!?" Darcy said with a thick British accent.

"AHHH!" Rebecca yelled out. This caught Darcy's attention and he looked at her.

"What?"" he asked. This made Rebecca only respond in the same manner but at a higher pitch.

"Whaa!" She yelled out. "You! You! Talked!" Darcy just looked at her with a curious face. She looked at Ty, who seemed agitated by the event. "He talked!" she said to him.

"Yeah. Of course he talked," Ty said.

"Yea, of course I talked," Darcy repeated. He now walked closer to the bottle and rubbed up on it.

"He has always been able to talk. You just couldn't hear what he was saying," Ty said.

"Yea, always spoke. Never listened, did ya?" Darcy repeated.

"Being able to hear animals is a simple spell," Ty began.

"Simple spell it is."

"Quiet you!" Ty said in annoyance.

"Right o chap."

"Ok. Ok. Rebecca said, trying to grasp the situation. "Ok, I have seen some crazy stuff tonight. So I guess my cat talking, isn't the craziest thing."