Chapter 22 "Eight weeks!"

Start from the beginning

I stopped listening after she mentioned Sam. He called?

“Sam called?” I asked quickly after I shook my head.

“Yes, he was wondering what happened. Apparently you lost your phone and didn’t get any of his calls.” She said giving me a stern look.

“Right, sorry. I only noticed that my pants were ripped after a long while.” That’s the full truth.

“What did he want?” I asked really hopeful. I didn’t want to keep fighting with Sam.

“He said that he was doing great and wanted to talk to you. You should try calling him. Mike called with the hotels information and his room number. Just use my cellphone and dial all of the codes first.” She handed me a sheet of paper with what seemed like at least 30 numbers. I hate codes.

When the phone started ringing, my mom left the room before reminding me that the doctor would be in in five minutes to check up on me since he couldn’t give out any information. I was wondering what he was talking about.

“Hello?” Sam.

“Hey S-Sam. It’s me, Alex,” I said with a few tears falling down my face.

“Alex?! Are you all right? I was so worried about you! What happened?” He said it all so quickly but it made me feel happy that he was worried.

“You were worried about me? I thought that you hated me,” I said sincerely while sniffling.

“Hate you? That’s impossible! Alex, I love you and always will. Even if you don’t love me anymore, you’re always going to be the only girl I love in a romantic way. Ever.”

Hearing Sam say that caused me to cry even harder. “Are you alright Alex? Was it something I said?” He sounded really worried.

“I’m so sorry Sam! I love you too and always will. I’m so sorry about being a b*tch to you these past few weeks. I know I haven’t said it recently but I love you so much and I miss you!” I said, now sobbing into the phone.

I could now hear him crying too. That’s something rare for Sam.

“I’m sorry to Alex. I really want to go back but I can’t before they are done everything. I promise that I’ll be back before the trial and we can talk things through.” He was going to say more but then the doctor walked into the room.

“Uh, I have to go. The doctor is here.”

“What! What doctor?!”

“Bye” I hung up before he could ask any more questions. I would just tell him the next time we spoke on the phone.

Sam's P.O.V