Chapter 5

You heard a knock on the front door as you were in the kitchen, popping popcorn and pooring drinks for your guest.
You started to walk over to the door, not really wanting to do anything today since it's the weekend. Even if you didn't want too, you still grabbed the door nob that was extremely cold. You turned it to have the door open to your friend who smiled politely. "Hey, go ahead and come in." She nodded and walked in through the door. "Wow! Your house is amazing!" She suggested. You simply shrugged and showed her to the dinning room where you put down the bowl of popcorn and small cups filled with water.
"So your parents work during the weekend?" Sydney asked.
"No, but they're in their room, watching TV."
"Oh." She reached down and grabbed her backpack and set it on her lap, looking through to find something. She pulled out a book and some papers.
"I went to the public library to borrow the book and since it's super short. It won't be hard to finished." She smiled with her dimples showing.
"Okay, what should we do?" You asked emotionless. Which made her frown.
"Why are you always so grumpy?" She sighed in frustration. The question kind of hurt when you did start to notice you have been such a jerk to her.
"Sorry, I'm just not steady enough to be able to obtain friends; a month and a half ago was when I happen to have a friend whom was secretly fighting cancer. But how would I have known if she always wore a wig!" You started to tear up with anger and sadness. "She could have told ME.... she... could have but......she didn't...." water started to build up like bricks in your eyes as you tried to fight the chances of crying but by now, all the tears started screaming, scrapping down your cheek. Giving off a red streak that burned. Your body tense up and your hand started shaking.
"(Y/N)... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked." She gave you a sympathetic look. She stood up looking down at you with her brown eyes. She reached down and gave you a huge hug. "I can be your friend. And I promise I won't leave your side." She smiled when you looked down at her.

"You promise?..."

"I promise."