The Pregnancy Club - Chapter 36

Aimee

   It was April 6th, my due date, and I was freaking out. At any moment my water could break and I would be shipped off the hospital to give birth.

   "Morning." Chastity mumbled as she came downstairs. Chastity had called me from the hospital the day after and told me that she couldn't go back and live with Erik for reasons I didn't know yet, so she asked if she could stay with me. She was cradling her new baby Mira, who for the past five nights had done nothing but wail, poop and eat. I didn't know how she could stand it, but she did. Sometimes I would try to talk to her while she breastfed Mira, but all she did was stare down at her, studying her every feature.

"How are you?" I asked. I was concerned about Chastity, I had never seen her this upset before. I figured something happened with her and Erik, but what could be so bad to break the perfect couple up?

"Fine." She grumbled, going into the kitchen. There was silence until I heard the toaster pop, and then she came back into the living room, grabbing the breatfeeding pillow she had brought from Erik's house along with a few other necessities when she left.

"Are you ready to talk about it?" I said finally. Chastity didn't look up (as usual).

There was a long pause, with just the sound of the TV on low volume, humming from the wall.

"Erik isn't the dad." Chastity whispered, her voice cracking. Wait, what? Miss Goody-Two-Shoes cheated?

"You! You . . . cheated?" I whispered. I expected this kind of thing from Peyton and people, not Chastity.

"That's the thing! I don't remember being with anybody other than Erik! He's my forever." She whispered sadly. 

"How can you not remember? It's hard to forget something like that . . . oh my God, wait. Did you ever have drunk sex?"

"What?! No!" Chastity cried defensively. "I would never drink! I have more sense than that." She sniffed.

"Cause' trust me, that's a bad road to go down." I chuckled, remembering the night I had created my babies. "But listen, you never know. Was there any parties you went to . . .?"

"I don't go to many parties . . ." Chastity said thoughtfully. She shifted her position, and Mira stopped breastfeeding to look up at her mother, her tiny fist raising in the air. Chastity clasped her hand around Mira's fist, rubbing her fingers. "There was this one party that I went to with my friend . . . well she used to be my friend, Tori."

"Yes . . ." I pressed.

"I don't remember much from that night, so I'm guessing I did end up accidentally having something to drink." She blushed. "Tori said she found in me a bedroom, fast asleep. Oh, and I remember this guy from my Algebra class, Danny-" Her face froze.

"Chastity, what is it? Danny who?"

"Danny Ferris." She whispered, her eyes trained on the wall in front of her, as if they were a screen playing a riveting movie. "At the hospital, the doctor said that to biological father was a boy named Daniel Ferris. Danny was at the party, and he kept trying to flirt with me, but I tried to ignore him because, you know, I had Erik. I got up to go to the bathroom, and I can't rememnber anything else."

Oh. My. God.

I knew exactly what happened. I had heard of it happening before.

"What? What are you thinking?" Chastity asked urgently.

"Chastity . . . I think were raped." I whispered. Chastity gasped, causing Mira to wake up from a temporary nap and begin to cry. Chastity scooped her up, grabbing a blanket that was near by and threw it over her shoulder and then began to burp her.