The Pregnancy Club - Chapter 11

Septemeber

Chastity

The next Pregnancy Club wasn't much different from the first, however as of today Tanya is now seven months pregnant. It looks like a balloon is swelling inside of her stomach. We all talked about what has beeen happening with us so far, and she signed us all up for an email and phone tree, so we could all know when one another was going to give birth.

The first day came all too soon. One minute I was lying down to sleep and now I'm getting dressed. Becky went over to my parent's house to pick up some of my clothes. According to her, they didn't look all to happy to know that I was now living with her, which didn't really make sense, considering that since they disowned me I should be no concern of theirs. As I buttoned up my blouse, Erik stepped in.

"Hey, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. A little nervous." I replied. Last night had been one of little sleep, a new worry taunting. Judgemental was a strong trait that my friend's posessed, always calling out the downfall of another. I had quickly adapted, trailing along, nodding my head when necessary.

What happened when I was the side effect?

The sleep I did manage was always awoken with a gasp, Erik immediately tightening his grip on my waist.

"Promise me you'll help me through this." I had murmured.

"Chas, I made a promise to love you forever the minute I met you. No matter what, I'm here for you." My heart had filled with unconditional joy and love. I knew I loved him too. More than the world. More than myself.

                                                                      *            *             *

The car ride to school was quite, and as we approached the building, a wave a nausea washed over me. I was sure I was going to throw up, but I managed to keep it in. I wasn't sure if that was a first taste of morning sickness or the nervousness. Probably both.

Erik helped me out of the car, and in that moment of exposure, everyone's eyes were on me. More than half of the people at this school went to my church, they probably knew everything. Word in a church travels faster than word in closet. Erik and me walked together, hand in hand, through the parking lot. I felt him trying to shield me, he knew me so well.

"Don't worry about what other people think." Erik murmured under his breath. I nodded.

Just as we reached the steps the bell rang and everyone went inside, and Erik had to leave to go to Biology, and I had to make my way to English. I felt even worse when he left.

I sat down at my old seat in English class, listening to the other girls squeal at seeing old friends and exchanging their scheduales. Guys slapped each other on the back and talked about the new school baseball team. I hadn't seen any of my old friends yet. I didn't even know if they were in this class. All the while I was trying to hide the small but now noticable bulge rolling out of my stomach.

Suddenly I noticed a girl rushing into the classroom. It was my friend, Tori. She was hard to miss with her silky red hair and abundant freckles. She was like Anne of Green Gables's twin. We had become friends after Faith had abandoned me, her being another girl that went to my church.

"Tori!" I called, waving her over to wear I was sitting. She looked over, a smile on her face, but when she noticed me it evaporated. She stopped in her tracks and gave me a cold glare. "Tori?" I called again, uncertain of her wary look. Then, as if I was a homeless woman that had asked for some money, she turned her back and walked to other side of the classroom.

Tori's act was confusing for a moment, and then I remembered the wildfire theory.

Everyone knows I'm pregnant. Even her. I just would have thought she would have been more supportive of me, even though her father would never allow it. My father wouldn't allow it. This whole pregnancy was changing my life in more ways than one.

The whole class I tried to send Tori telepathetic looks, but unlike in all the movies, she never looked back once. As soon as class ended, she gathered her books and began to talk to Mr. Gluck (and because he loooked oddly like a chicken, I bet you can guess what his nickname was). I slowly gathered my books, hoping that Tori would run into me and explain why me being pregnant causes her to act like I recently gave her mono. 

However, Tori was in a very heated conversation with Mr. Gluck, so I ended up leaving or I would be late for gym. 

                                                                 *           *            *

I don't know if you know this, but running when you're pregnant, even when you're bearly pregnant, hurts. I don't know if Coach Harrison knows that I'm pregnant, but even still running laps is a sick, twisted form of excercise. It's worse if you're pregnant because all you're jumbled insides are being tossed around. I felt bad for the small, strange alien that was my baby.

I passed Coach Harrison, completing my first lap.

"Come on, Kapurs! You can move faster! Push yourself." She shouted. I could thing of a few things I wanted to push at her.

After school wasn't much better, nobody had talked to me all day except for the teachers and Erik, and I had never felt more alone in my life. My old group of friends huddled together at our table, and I doubted I was welcome because they were probably whispering about me. Becky tried her best to be nice, but I had no news to tell her about today.

I wish I could love my baby, but it was making it harder and harder.