She sighed and brushed what I had just said. “I quoted that from some stupid show...”

“Chicken!” I screamed smiling.

‘I’m not”

“Prove it?” it came out more like a question but thankfully she agreed to jump in the mud. She would try to get dirty while I ran away from my mud.

We stopped at the entrance of the gym and she suddenly pulled me aside. “Promise me you won’t repeat what I’m going to tell you to anyone else.” She waited for my answer, I nodded. “You know the strangest thing happened when we touched, it’s like I felt T-ti-tingles running from our point of touch. You know?” she looked so unsure.

Tingles? As they touched?

Please don’t tell me it’s another werewolf in town and she was his mate... not that I would convince her to stay away from him but still...please let it just be her over imaginative Goth mind on this Monday. I easily faked a shrug, “don’t worry. That’s how a great love story is written by fate.” With that I took hold of her hand and pulled her inside the gym where we could see a number of people gathering already.

We passed Britney and her clique as we headed a bit back into the gym but as we did I heard loud and very clear call me a bitch... Toni noticed it too but we had taken two more steps when she called me a slut. I stopped; Toni stared at me also having heard what Britney had said.

“Are you okay?” Toni whispered.

I shook my head. ‘I’ve had a pretty bad day today, but it’s about to get better.” she did not seem to fathom my meaning until I started walking back to where Britney was.

I glared at her, and then I grinned, which turned into a chuckle. “You seem to be having problems with the meaning of words today Britney.” My voice was reprimanding but still had traces of sweetness.

And after that was said and done, I did what I normally don’t do. I punched her...there were gasps as people seem to notice and all attention focussed on us. “Next time you call me a slut or even refer me to being one, you won’t be able to tell the difference between a punching bag and your face.” I winked at Britney who was still on the floor staring shocked and walked away.

I had just taken approximately five steps when someone grabbed me in a death grip. I turned only to find it was Nate. What did he want? It was also the moment I realized he had the same eye colour as Preston, only Preston’s were deeper and I could actually drown in them. “What the hell did you think you just did?” he whisper-yelled glaring down at me. He was the same height too as his twin though they were fraternal from this view point I was forced to be in.

I returned the glare. “I just made my day better.” It was said with indifference and a half genuine smile that seemed to infuriate him more.

“Damn it Abby, if my brother has not made the wise decision of telling you to not mess with Britney then let me the honours okay? Stay away from her.” He drawled.

I rolled my eyes. “What happens if I don’t? Are she and her pack of mutts going to attach me?” some of the stares I got were from mainly the wolves nearby...I turned to see Britney being taken away with that guy who I had also seen this morning with the two brothers.

Nate actually smiled. “For some reason I like your strut Abby...but I’m serious about Britney.”

“Whatever” I said but not a moment later had Preston walked into the gym when he noticed the commotion around. Immediately, he came over narrowing his eyes at his brother. “What the hell is going on here?” he asked not to anyone in particular.