Forty-One

A loud banging stirred Calum from his thoughts. Ashton entered uninvited and sat on the edge of Calum's bed. He didn't say anything for a while as the raven haired boy stopped his crying, then pulled him from his spot on the bed. Calum was soon wrapped in Ashton's arms.

"I'm sorry I yelled so much, baby." Calum shrugged. It didn't mean he wouldn't yell all the same. Ashton kissed the top of his head. "Why don't you bring me those cigarettes before we talk."

Calum got up, went to his sock drawer and pulled out two packs of white cigarettes. Ashton carded them in his jacket pocket. "Ar-are you mad?" Calum asked.

"I'm not mad, I'm disappointed, Calum. You lost a lot of my trust today," Ashton sighed. Somehow his words only made Calum cry more. "I've never smoked, Daddy has never smoked, your grandparents never smoked. I guess you're being different? I don't know. I don't like this Liam kid. Do his parents know he smokes?"

"Uh... No..." Calum answered honestly.

"Well that's something I'll be discussing with them at the barbeque then. Niall, Harry, and Luke have never smoked right?"

"Niall and Luke haven't. I don't know about Harry. He's kind of quiet," Calum was backed against his dresser while Ashton sat on the edge of his bed.

"That's good I guess. Do their parents smoke?"

"Zayn does, their dad. I don't know about Louis."

"I don't want to see you have to stop playing sports or losing energy because of some stupid cigarettes. Even if you only smoke around people, I don't like you doing it at all. I like you staying my baby boy, and I don't need my baby boy doing dangerous things. Are we clear?"

Calum nodded. He probably had a total of fifty cigarettes over the past year with Liam, but sometimes they chain smoked, making it easier to rack up smokes.

"I suppose you know what happens now? C'mere," Ashton patted his lap. Calum obeyed, wishing he could be anywhere but there.

Ashton laid Calum over his lap, sighing loudly. The kiwi boy couldn't possibly feel any worse than he did then. Ashton wanted to make sure Calum would remember it. He yanked the boy's pants and boxers down immediately, causing Calum to bury his head in his arms.

"You're not going to want to do that. You're counting these out," Ashton warned.

"All of them?" Calum asked.

"Did I stutter?" Ashton scoffed. That shut Calum up. He wasn't warned before the first smack struck. He whined in protest but otherwise didn't argue.

"O-one."

SMACK SMACK Calum quickly counted along, focusing on not giving in. He truly hated his family at the moment.

At the fortieth smack Calum was stuttering, but he knew Ashton wasn't going to stop anytime soon so he closed his eyes and pretended he was elsewhere.

SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK "Fifty-seven, f-ifty-eight! Fifty-nine..."

SMACK SMACK SMACK "Owww! I c-can't keep up!" Calum cried.

"I'm not slowing down for you. You better figure out how to keep up or I'm starting over!" Ashton threatened.

Calum was trying to remember how many he was at and where he stopped counting. "C-can you h-help m-me?" He rubbed the tears from his eyes. Ashton took pity on the boy.

"Start from sixty-seven. I won't help you again."

SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK "Sixty-eight, S-sixty-nine, s-s-seventy, s-seventy-o-one, s-seventy-two!" Calum couldn't stop the fresh flow of tears rolling down his face. He was embarassed and hurt. He could tell it wouldn't take much more for him to start sobbing. He hated Luke. If he hadn't told he wouldn't be in this mess.

SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK "S-seventy-th-three! Seventy-f-four! Seventy- fiiveee!" And there was the waterworks. Calum gripped Ashton's leg tighter while he sobbed.

"Five more. You don't have to count these, okay?" Ashton said. Calum nodded. "Love, give me a verbal answer."

"oh-oOhkay," Calum sniffled. Ashton figured that was acceptable and finished up the spanking while Calum continued to sob onto his jeans.

A knocking on the door startled Ashton. Of course Michael would be interrupting, the older adult thought. Ashton had Calum in his arms, comforting him the best he could. "Is he okay? I heard crying and-"

"Michael, he's fine." Ashton rolled his eyes, but Michael sat down next to the pair.

Calum kept wiping away tears as they came. He hated being in such a vulnerable state. "You're not helping anything by being here, Michael. I got this." It was Michael's turn to roll his eyes, but he left the two.

"Now, look at me, Calum," Ashton forced his chin up. Calum was still avoiding eye contact since he was crying silently. "Calum, look at me, honey," Ashton cooed. Calum looked up, regret clear in his eyes. "Promise me you'll never smoke again. You're my son, it's not allowed. I need you healthy and happy, can you do that for me?"

"I-I'll try," Calum muttered. Ashton kissed the top of his head.

"Good. Lay down for a while. I'll let you know when dinner's ready." With that being said, Ashton left, taking the cigarettes, and going to make dinner while Calum hid himself under his covers.

When dinner rolled around he was less than enthusiastic to eat. Luke was chatting with Ashton. Michael was checking his phone. Calum peered over his shoulder. Mikey noticed him and smiled.

"Well hi," Michael pulled the boy onto his lap, planting a kiss to his cheek.

"Ugh daddy!" Calum complained. Michael chuckled but released the sixteen year old.

"The barbeque is tomorrow guys, everyone ready?"

"Yes! Niall is bringing nachos and cheese!" Luke gushed. Ashton rolled his eyes. It was cute how in love Luke was. He hoped Calum would find someone he loved too, while avoiding sêx.
-
Please go check out Applejuichamp's new 5sos story! It's called The Song and it looks like a good one!

The next few chapters are going to be intense. At fifty I'm wrapping things up and fixing some of my other stories.