Thirty-Four

A/N: Cute chapter if you enjoy Mashton fluff!

"I love you, Michael Gordan Irwin-Clifford, to the moon and back- ugh, that's too cheesy!" Ashton slammed his fist against the wall and started again, "Michael, Mikey, Mike... Today is going to be a long day."

The boys were all out at the park enjoying the last few nice days of summer. It always seemed to go by so fast. Luke was kicking a ball around with Calum while Michael texted his mum about Thanksgiving.

  Only the wind was bothersome. Ashton pulled up to the park with a small black box in his jacket pocket, and a smirk fighting its way to his lips.

  He found his boys all wrestling by a wooden table. Ashton's heart was pounding loudly as he approached his family. Luke saw him first and hugged him. "Hi dad!" He beamed up at the man.

  "Hi baby boy," Ashton smiled. Calum quickly hugged his dad too. Michael grinned at the three. "I have something inportant to ask thee, Michael Clifford. If he will come with me."

  Michael hopped to his feet. "Where to?"

  "It's a surprise. Now follow me," Ashton held his large hand out for Michael to take. Calum and Luke already knew what their dad was planning. They helped with a lot of it. The two brothers stayed behind, giving their parents privacy.

Ashton hummed as he brought Michael along. The younger of the two didn't mind the humming, in fact, he found it calming.

  "I don't want to be clichè, but... Can you close your eyes now?"

  "Ashto-"

  "Please baby?"

  Sighing, Michael gave in, closing his eyes as Ashton lead him farther through the park.

  A pavilion was set up with drinks, food, and some of Michael's family. Luke and Calum took the shorter way up to the pavilion and stood by their grandparents.

  "Can I open my eyes yet?" Michael asked. Ashton tsked.

  "Five more steps, and then yes, you may open your eyes!"

  Michael complied, taking the five steps before opening his eyes. He gaped at the scene before him.

  "Mum!?" He quickly hugged the woman as Calum and Luke stood by smiling.

  "The whole family is here! You even remebered to invite Cousin Ed!" Michael laughed at the man sleeping on the table.

  "I just want this to be perfect," Ashton muttered. Michael gave him a confused look.

  "What are you planning?"

  "Well..." Ashton trailed off, "that's for me to know, and you to find out!"

   The gathering was small, consisting of maybe fifteen people at the park. The older man was trying to get the courage to do it, but the small crowd he would have made him reluctant. Michael easily conversed with his family. The next time they would see each other was Christmas, and that was so far away.

  It started getting late, the park lights came on, making a pretty glow light up the outskirts of the park.

  "Mikey?" Ashton asked suddenly.

  "Hmm?"

  "Walk with me?" The box started feeling heavier in his pocket as each second passed. Michael nodded, leaving his family to gush over his sons and how 'adorable' they are.

  Ashton held his hand out for Michael to take. They walked in a peaceful silence until Ashton reached the bridge by the river. He took a deep breath before turning to face Michael timidly.

  "Michael. You have been everything I've ever needed, and everything a man could ever want. I know I haven't been that for you, so I want to offer you something, if you'll be as kind to give me the chance-"

  Michael's eyes shot wide open when Ashton got on one knee, holding the ring box. "Will you remarry me? I want to start over with you, I've liked you since the beginning of middle school, and I've loved you since the end of it, I know you might be mad still but-"

  "Yes! Stop embarrassing yourself. I'll re marry you," Michael chuckled.

  To the shocked expression on Ashton's face, Michael kissed his lips, bringing his hands to Ashton's hips as Ashton pressed his neck lightly.

  Once they broke apart Ashton grinned, "I think we have a party to get back to!"

  The rest of the night consisted of socializing and eating food. Calum wasn't complaining. Luke clung to his parents during the party since it was late and for once he actually wanted to sleep. He'd had enough of Michael's mum gushing over how cute he is.

  "The boys have school tomorrow. We should get going," Michael decided. Ashton agreed, announcing their departure.

  ***

  "Does this really mean starting over?" Ashton blurted. Michael yawned from his spot in bed.

  "Yeah. You've been through enough. If you're willing to try, we're all willing to start over."

  "I love you."

  "I love you too," Michael found his way into Ashton's arms, wrapping them around himself.

  "You smell good," Ashton noted.

  "Gee thanks." Michael snicked.

  Ashton kissed his cheek. "I forgot how soft you are, let me do that again."

  "You're so cheesy, shut up."

  "Make me."

  Michael covered Ashton's mouth with his hand, only to have Ashton lick it.

  Michael wasn't grossed out by it; however, he did wipe the saliva on Ashton's face, causing the older man to grimace.

  "No take backs!" Ashton pouted.

  "I swear you are two," Michael muttered.

  "You love it!"

  ***

  "I can't believe those are our parents!" Calum laughed as him and Luke eavesdropped by their bedroom door.

  "They're probably doing very unholy acts right now."

  "What do you mean?" Luke questioned.

  "Nevermind."

  "Tell me!"

  "No! Ask your boyfriend!"

  "No! Calum, tell me!"

   "No, Luke!" Calum chuckled. Luke flicked him on the back of the head.

  "It's on, now!" Calum cheered as he chased Luke around the house. Luckily, they didn't break anything. When Calum caught Luke he spun him around in his arms and tickled the blonde relentlessly.

  "C- Ca-lum!" Luke breathed inbetween his laughter, "st-stop!" He giggled cutely. Calum was smirking at the boy as he stopped.

  "Fine, but this isn't over!"

   Ahh I wrote fluff lol