It's Not That Easy

'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.' No truer words have ever been spoken, and Addyson Grace Coulter Mills is proof of that. She lived alone in Boston, attending college, and she inadvertently gathered the wrong kind of attention that left her insecure and shattered.

Her once vibrant secure life is in the past, and she's left to play the hand she is dealt.

Edward Thomas Breda screwed up royally, and only has himself to blame. After what was supposed to be a quick weeklong trip home, he's making plans for the future. The person who has his focused attention is a shell of the person she used to be. When he sees the competition has a leg up, Edward makes moves to focus her attention where he wants it -- solely on him.

A/N: This book is not about the physical relationships, but the emotional ones...the ones that offer healing.

--

Book 2 in a series of interrelated characters and an overlapping timeline. You do not need to read the others to enjoy this story, but if you want to read without spoilers the order is His One Request, It's Not that Easy, and finally To Serve and Protect.

------------

This story is slowly being edited, i.e. when I reread and find my blunders. If you happen upon a few (a lot) please let me know. I'm a much better editor for other people than I am for myself.

------------

This book contains the children characters from Like That as adults (plus others)

Addyson (Addy) Mills: Only girl in the family, only girl cousin. Her biological parents are deceased and her Uncle Cooper and Aunt Emily adopted her, siblings: Mason, Peyton, Daniel, and Nate.

Helen Breda: Addyson's best friend

Joel Adams: Addyson and Helen's friend and roommate.

Mason Cahill: Oldest child of Emily (dad: Patrick is deceased) lived with his sister in Boston for two years while working on his MBA at Harvard.

Edward Breda: Helen's older brother. Mason's best friend and they have known each other since they were neighbors in California. Parents: Linda and Garrett

Holden Daniels: Mason and Addyson's cousin, grew up a few blocks away, siblings: Elliot and Evan. Parents: CJ and Keira

Elliot Daniels: Holden's younger brother, best buddies with Addy and Helen

Chandler Foster: Close friend of Addy and then Mason, her dad is best friends with Emily and Cooper. Parent: Will Foster

Evan Daniels: Youngest brother of Holden and Elliot

Peyton Mills: Emily and Patrick's adopted child, later adopted by Cooper

Daniel Mills and Nathaniel (Nate) Mills: Addy's younger brothers