Chapter 1: End Of Junior Year

Thursday May 26th 

"So Kaela, what do you think?" Anna asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"About what?" I questioned.

"Seriously girl listen, have you not been paying attention to our conversation at all." She laughed.

"Sorry but I've just been thinking about this summer, I can't wait to just relax for once, I feel like our last year has been so stressful." I moaned.

"It's going to be even worse next year, we are going to be so cramped up with preparing for our SAT's it is going to be insane, we just need to have fun this summer to be able to cope with even getting through our Senior Year." Noah said.

"Tell me about it dude, but this is only the start, what about the 4 years after that at College, that is going to be stressful. But seriously how much can we relax in Denver? The weather here is shit, why bother living near a beach if we can only go on it for half the summer if that. It won't be more than 22 degrees here this month. " Cameron said.

"Okay can we stop talking about serious stuff and weather and concentrate on the summer. We should go camping or something, it isn't expensive and we can go just us 4, I know I've said we should go camping before but I genuinely think we should, and we can go away from Denver away from the weather, okay Cam." Anna said.

"Oh seriously Anna, camping? That isn't my thing, can't we do something else." I moaned.

"Why don't we go to my families Summer Cabin in Miami, we won't be able to go alone because my parents love that beach house and don't want it getting wrecked but it doesn't matter if we go with my family, does it?" Noah asked.

"No that doesn't matter, your parents are cool." Anna said.

"Well then I'll speak to them tonight and see what they say but it won't be a problem, they should be fine with it."

"Cool, that's settled then. Hey how about we all go there after school and we ask them together. That could work." I suggested.

"Yeah sure. And the bell should go any minute now."

A few minutes later the bell signaled the end of the day and we all exited the English Classroom and headed into the corridor.

"Meet at the car in 5 I just need to empty my locker." I told everyone.

We agreed and then I headed in a different direction to them and headed to my locker. I packed everything away into my Superdry backpack and within a few minutes we were all inside the car and driving in the direction of Noah's house. I text my mom telling her I would be home at some point tonight and not to worry. I put my phone back in my pocket of my white summer dress with pink flowers on it as we pulled up into Noah's driveway. Today was one of the lucky days when it comes to heat here in Colorado, and it was 21 degrees Celsius, so very summer dressy material. Cameron over exaggerates, it will be hot here this summer, over the next 11 weeks until school starts back up it will go up to 30 degrees. We all got out of the car, and walking up to Noah's house he grabbed my hand and we walked through the front door. Jasper's loud barks filled the house as he ran up to us. I picked him up and cuddled him.

"mom?" He called out.

His mom, Kate, in an interior designer and works from home most of the time, she does go to other peoples houses to plan it out but they normally go to her first so they can explain what designs they want.

"In the kitchen Noah." She called out.

We all walked into the kitchen as she turned around from the stove. She was most likely cooking dinner.