Chapter 43: This Can't Be Happening

Darcy's POV:

"NICOLE!", I yelled.

"What happened, Darcy? Is something wrong?", she asked me.

"A group of guys tried to beat me up yesterday, but my brother stood up to them to save me.", I said.

"What's wrong with that?", Nicole asked.

"The group of guys are going to beat up my brother today after school! I can't let this happen!", I shouted.

"Hey!", a boy shouted.

I hope that it wasn't a boy trying to bully me again.

"I'm Jake. You must be Darcy.", he said.

"Yeah. I'm Darcy Styles.", I replied.

"Nicole has told me a lot about you.", Jake said.

"Do you know Nicole?", I asked him.

"Yeah. She's my cousin.", he answered.

I had no idea that they were related.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime... like a date.", Jake said.

OH MY GOSH. JAKE IS ASKING ME OUT ON A DATE.

"Sure!", I replied.

"Great! I'll see you later!", Jake shouted.

"Bye!", I exclaimed.

I am in love with Jake, and all his Little Things. (no pun intended)

Dylan's POV:

I usually get excited when the school day is almost over. Today, I'm not excited at all. The group of guys that tried to hurt my sister were meeting me after school today, and I'm guessing that they're going to beat me up.

If I try to stand up to them, I'll get beat up. If I do nothing, I'll get beat up. Either way, I'm going to get hurt.

The bell rang in my last class. I grabbed my belongings and walked to the field.

"Where are they?", I asked myself.

I didn't see the group of guys anywhere.

As I walked away, somebody tapped me on the shoulder.

"Are you Dylan?", the boy asked.

"Yes. Who are you?", I replied.

"I'm sorry that I didn't introduce myself. I'm Logan.", he said.

"Are you the boy that was trying to hurt my sister yesterday?", I asked.

"If Miss Styles is your sister, then the answer to that question is yes.", Logan answered.

I figured that he was going to beat me up. I got really angry, so I ran away from the field.

"You think you can run away from me. Well, guess what? You're wrong!", Logan shouted.

I was really scared. I had no idea what was going to happen.

"You leave me no other choice.", he told me.

Logan started hitting me with all the strength he had. Before I knew it, I was too weak to fight back. I had a feeling that Logan just left me alone.

Moments later, I was lying on the floor with no memory of what happened.