Chapter 24: Sleepin with Sirens [ Jeff's pep talk ] part 2

====== Ben's POV =====

Once Siren closed her door I stopped in my tracks, standing in the hallway.

" S-She kissed me... willingly..." I smile trying to remember it back in detail. Even though the thought wouldn't leave. It stayed lingering in my mind, just like how I was lingering in this hallway. Giggling to myself like an idiot.

"Hey, are you just going to stand there or move?!" A voice says angrily. I look back to the person to realize it was only Jeff. "Sorry....how rude!" I say to him. He look at me and laughs. "sorry, didn't know it was you." I shrug and walk towards him.

"so...what are you doing?" Jeffery asks smirking at me. I look away embarrassed, " N-Nothing...j-just thinking to myself." Jeff walks with me to my room. "Must've been a good thought, considering your oblivious lingering..." Jeff looks back at my annoyed.

" I-I said I was sorry..." I say still embarrassed. I open my door and walk in. " mind if we play a game?" I ask Jeff as he walks in the room with me. " Sure. I'll probably beat you again!" I roll my eyes and start up the Game cube.

--- time skip ( 6:00 ) ----

"Yes!" Jeff yells, raising his fist in the air. " I beat you! Ha!" I clap giving him a sense of victory. " good game..." Jeff laughs, " I thought you were supposed to be some kind of game expert? Well, I guess I'm just that good!" I roll my eyes.

I could beat him any time I wanted. I let him win on purpose...every time.

"Good job! Your the first to beat me." Jeffs smile widens into an all out grin. Practically beaming with joy at this point. I smile at him.

It's good for him to have a win every once in a while...

I turn off the Game cube and lay on my bed. Jeff jumps on sitting next to me. "So is Siren really...Siren?" I sit up suprised he'd even mention her. "y-yeah." Jeff look at me skeptical. " are you sure about that? She's not mean to you is she? That little b*cth will be dead in a flash. All you have to do is say the words!"

I sit up straight, waving my arms around in a reassuring motion. " no no! Not at all! She's never said one mean thing the whole time, I swear!" Jeff looks me in the eyes and then shrugs. " I can tell when your lying Ben....so I'm glad she's been nice to you." I sigh in relief. " I swear it...I'm surprised too, trust me." Jeff takes out his knife and stares at it while talking.

"do you love her? Because I could tell you didn't love Sarah." I didn't know he knew that! "y-yes! I'm sure....how'd you know?" Jeff points the knife at his throat. " I killed Sarah. stabbing her right heree." Jeff points the knife in the middle of his throat. "I knew you didn't love her. You didn't even hesitate when I killed her...If you did you'd stop me before the blade even touched her skin..."

why is he telling me this?

I look down at my blue and green sheets, rubbing my fingers across the stitches. " y-yeah...I guess?" Jeff grasps the knife handle. "Do you trust her? Do you mean it?" I look into Jeff's eyes intensely. "Yes...and mean it!" Jeff looks at me amused.

"So what would happen if I attempted to slit her throat open? What would you do?" I stare at him in disbelief. He stares back with an amused smirk. "I don't care if we've known each other for years or not Jeffery! Siren is my ticket to a happy future, my last chance for meaning in my life...." I swipe the knife out of his hands pointing It directly at his throat. I stare him down. looking him intensely in the eyes.

"If you so much as have a blade near her-" I press the knife against his skin. "-I'll vigorously kill you myself." my stare intensifies. "And trust me when I say this... I definitely won't hesitate." Jeff stares at me, surprised. I press the knife to his skin harder, Starring him down as he stares back smirking. " I thought we were friends here, do you really love her that much?" He laughs.

I chuckle dryly. " Do you think I'm joking here? I've waited for this moment my entire life outside the game! I've finally have a future! A chance at really living! At this point I'd kill anyone who gets near her." Jeff stares me in the eyes. His expression changes to an annoyed one. "That's not what I asked!" I put the knife down. "Huh?"

" I asked if you love her! Do you?" I sit down, confused. Staring at him bluntly. "O-Of course I do! Why else would I kill you?" Jeff raises his voice. " well to me it sounds like your using her..."

"W-What?" He stands up. " Ben! I'm your friend! I'm going to be honest with you! So you better be honest with me! Are you using her to get your future? Or are you in love her? Because if you did you wouldn't be so selfish about it!"

"I-I..." I didn't know what to say. H-he's right... "well? I could kill Siren right now! I'll kill anyone you don't love! ....So what's it going to be?"

I-I never thought of it that way... I love her, I really do. But...I'm not using her...am I?

" I-I know I love her! How else would you explain this strong feelings I have towards her?" Jeff doesn't answer. He just stood there. I think he's trying to tell if I'm lying. "D-Does it really look like I'm using her? Do you really think that way about me?" I start profusely asking questions. Not really towards him. "do you think Siren thinks that way about me? I hope not! W-What if she does? What if she just see's me as just someone to pity!"

At this point it was more like self questioning. "Am I being selfish? I-I know I love her! Maybe I have to prove it again?! She probably thinks I'm lying when I-" Jeff slaps me across the face, causing me to wince.

"Ben! Shut up! You don't have to prove you love her! I am very much aware you do!" I look at him in anger. "I don't care what your intension were before or after the game! All that matters is how you feel towards her now! If I have to hesitate to kill her you better give me a good reason not to!"

w-what? what does he...

"Telling me she's your future isn't a good reason! Its an excuse!" I stand up with him. "what will it take for me to convince you?!" Jeff takes the collar of my shirt and brings my face close to his. "Either you tell me why you love her, and give me good reasons not to kill her. Or you won't, and I let you act selfish without any guidance or opinion from a friend."

I take a deep breath...

"I-I do love her! She's kind and respectful to me! She cares about me! She makes me feel sane when everyone else does the opposite! I want to feel normal! And Siren gives me that chance! ...to feel like a human being for once in my life! I really do love her!" I drop to my knees and plead. "p-please don't kill her!"

Jeffery drops to one knee and pats my head. "That's better." I look up at him. He smiles down at me and says, "only someone thats idiotic and pathetic would leave their friend to break a girl's heart... Now am I that guy?" I look up at him and chuckle. "Thanks...a-and no, your my best friend."

Jeff helps me up and chuckles, leaving the room. "see you later...friend." I smile and watch him walk out the door.

I'm glad to have him a friend like him.

A/N: so did you like this chapter? Finally more Jeff in the story? Don't worry, he'll be back plenty of times. : ]