Chapter 23: Sleeping with Siren's [the band] part 1

~~~~~Siren POV~~~~~

{ Siren's narration }

It's been 3 weeks since Ben has told me about our 'destiny' together. I still don't believe it though, how could I? Who can possibly predict the future? But on the other-hand... its possible it'll happen. The way Ben told me, scares me. He seems to believe it, so why don't I?

Its been bothering me for weeks...

{ narration over }

I open the backdoor casually, trying not to raise suspicion. I walk off the porch with the sinking feeling someone is watching me.

"Ben come out already!" I yell, staring at the roof. Ben jumps off with an embarrassed laugh. "Why are you out here?" I respond back with a dry laugh. " why are you following me?" He gives me an annoyed look. "where are you going?" I sigh. Responding back with another question won't get me anywhere. "I was going to for a walk." I say directly. "Why? You could've asked me to come." I continue walking forward. " I didn't want to bother you." I lie.

The truth was; for weeks Ben had been on alert. He's been very close to me, where ever I went... The time he wasn't with me, he would be following me. Even when I sleep, I'd wake up to Ben in my desk chair. I'm not that creeped out that much. It just concerns me...

Doesn't he have anything better to do?

Ben sighs, "Ok... Next time you should at least tell me..." I don't know why, but that struck a small chord with me. "Why do I have to tell you where i'm going? Isn't that a little over-protective?" He sighs and squeezes my hand. "In a world like this, you have to be...or the next thing I know you'll be dead!" He raised his voice a little saying that last part. This must be a sensitive topic for him, so I dropped the subject. "Ok...sorry for asking." He doesn't respond back.

After a few minutes he speaks up. "Where do you want to go?" I stop in my tracks. "I don't know. I didn't think that part out." This is awkward. "lets head home then.."

The walk back was silent till Ben speaks up again. "Is something bothering you?" I didn't know how to respond. "why do you ask?" I say acting oblivious. "You seem irritated at me..." I sigh. "Sorry... I'm not mad at you if that's what your referring to."

Ben looks down at his feet changing the subject. "Hey! what kind of music do you listen to?" I chuckle looking him in the eyes. " I pretty much like everything." Ben smirks a little till he looks back down again. " T-There's a concert tonight in the human world-" I smile lightly interrupting him , "-Cool, I'll go with you, what band?"

Ben stops, then looks up at me with a huge smirk. " Sleeping with Siren's." I stare at him bluntly until I realized what he was referring to. "No! O-Of course not!" I step back blushing profusely. He bursts out laughing. I storm ahead of him until he grabs my wrist, "Stop! Stop! I'm kidding!" he says still laughing.

I look down. " Siren, come on it was a joke." I chuckle dryly. "Good..." we kept walking. "But still... do you want to go with me?" I look up to Ben's beaming face. " yeah, sure."We were close to the mansion now. "But you know.." I look at Ben with a smile.  " I could always give you a close up performance."  I look at him dryly. Ben bursts out laughing again. I close the backdoor on him. Storming back to my room.

I lay on my bed muttering to myself. "The nerve of that guy! ugh..." I hear a knock on my door. "Siren! Open up, please!" I laugh and say, "No thank you!" I could hear Ben's sigh through the door. I giggle silently laying back down.

Ben teleports into my room. "The concerts starts at 8:30 so be ready by 8 pm, K?" I get off my bed. " ok fine... But don't joke about that ok?" Ben sits in my chair next to my desk. "yeah yeah, i know... your expression though!" I frown at him as he chuckle to himself. " It was priceless!"

I blush and sit up in my bed. " That's another reason why i can't wait to marry you." He gives me a smile and chuckles again as I blush more. " You really believe everything Alex said?" Ben gives me a hopeful look. "yes...in an optimistic outlook...its the only thing to look forward to..."

I get it now...

"How do you think it'll turn out?" Ben looks down at his feet. "Don't know...I guess we'll see won't we?" I get off my bed and look at him with a smile. "yeah..." I don't know why, but it seemed necessary to do this...

I walk to Ben giving him a kiss. He stares at me surprised for a moment. "Don't worry. All we can do now is have fun...Right?" Ben stares at me bluntly till he silently says, "yeah...y-your right." He then walks out without saying a word.

I mutter to myself so I don't forget. " Date with Ben...8pm...Sleeping with Sirens...Don't forget..." I smile looking at the clock. It was only two in the afternoon... I might as well read a book..

[ AN: sorry its so short... :\ ]