Chapter Five // Run

"Aila is everything okay?" I asked concerned.
"No I just assumed you'd be awake and I wanted to hang out." She replies nonchalantly. I am stunned.
I say "That's a bit strange. What if the others find out you're in my room? What will they think?"

She laughs "I forget I'm no longer in America you can't do the same things here like over there. I find it strange how a male and female can't be seen together alone without people assuming. Anyhow to answer your question I doubt anyone would think anything about you maybe me making a move but you? You're too innocent."
I'm a bit offended by her comment it's as if she's applying that I can't get a girl like her but I know what she means, this whole image I've made up. "Are you not going to ask me why I assumed you were awake?"

"No," I reply a bit coldly "I know you can see right through the me."

She chuckles "and you can see right through me."

"Are you going to tell the others?" I question.

"No." She says coldly. "I don't know you so you're no concern to me." She pauses, she's cold. How could she say something so vile to someone's face? She then adds "Plus it's not my place. It's something you have to figure out. Also it would be hypocritical of me not telling Taehyung about my predicament."

"So are you here to find out what's wrong with me?" I ask a bit annoyed.

"No." She simply states "I'm here for a more selfish reason. I know you won't tell me I sense you're in more trouble than I am so it will be harder for you but I'm ready. I'm ready to talk."

"Then tell your best friend."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"I just can't."

"Then why are you so willing to tell me?"

"Because I need to talk to somebody."

Coming to think of it maybe she isn't as cold as I assumed.

"Okay tell me."

"Now don't be so eager I'm ready to talk but not at this very instant. I want to find out if I could trust you. This is the first test and you've passed."

"What do you mean?"

"You've admitted to me that something is wrong. So I have something to hold against you. Come to think of it... This is more of blackmail than a test." She grins as she walks away. I can only see her silhouette as she closes my door and goes to her room but she is so colorful to me. My world, the way I see it, is monotone. No color just black and white and the in between but to me she is bright red. I can see a glimpse of color.