The Truth

It was Christmas morning. Hermione quickly jumped out of bed and looked around at the presents she had received. A beautiful dress from her mother and father, many different kinds of sweets from Harry, a book about the history of wizards and witches from Ron(she had already read this book, but it was thought that mattered), and some mince pies from Hagrid. She hurried into the boys dormitory to meet up with Harry and Ron. She normally wasn't allowed in their dormitory, but because it was Christmas most of the teachers didnt really mind.

"Hey guys!" Hermione said, joining them. They both already had their Christmas jumpers on from Mrs. Weasley. "Thanks for the book about the history of Quidditch, by the way." Harry said. "You're welcome!" Hermione beamed. "You got me a signed Quidditch poster of my favorite team!" Ron practically screamed, his eyes growing huge. He tackled Harry to the floor. "Bloody hell! I could kiss you!" Ron said, in excitement. "Please don't." Harry laughed. Hermione giggled at the sight of her friends. "Come on, lets go down to get breakfast." Hermione said.

As they were walking down to the main hall Ron asked, "Did you have them last night?" "Yeah, but let's just not talk about it for today. It's Christmas!" Said Hermione. "Don't worry, they'll go away eventually." Ron said, hugging Hermione as they walked into the main hall. Hermione couldn't help but notice Draco staring at them.

"Wow, for the first time Malfoy hasn't come over here to insult you're mothers sweater." Harry said. "Hmm, you're right? Wonder why?" Ron said, thoughtfully. "Hello everyone!" Dumbledore said, his voice echoing through out the room. "Before I commence the feast I wish you a merry Christmas!"he said. The main hall was filled with cheers and applaud from the remain students. "Eat up!" And the tables were then filled with plates of all kinds of dishes.

After the feast, Ron rubbed his stomach. "I'm so full." He groaned. "Well, maybe if you had shared the turkey with me you wouldn't be so full." Harry said, throwing a glare at Ron. "Guys, this is ridiculous. Go ahead and go to the common room and make up. I'll meet you guys there." Hermione said. Harry and Ron got up and raced each other to the common room. Hermione wiped her mouth with a napkin and took one last drink of pumpkin juice. She turned around and was greeted by Draco. "What do you want?" Hermione said, backing away. "Relax, I just came here to give you your present." The Slytherin said. "You got me a present?" Hermione asked, suspiciously. "Um, yeah here." Draco said, handing her a small box. She opened it and in it was a silver necklace with a locket attached to it. "This isn't some kind of gag gift, is it?" Hermione asked, examining it. "It's not, I got it from a muggle shop. By the way muggles have weird money, why do they have this papery kind of stuff?" Draco asked. Hermiome giggled at his lack of muggle knowledge. "Well, um thanks. It's beautiful." Hermione said, still a little suspicious. "Would you like me to help you put it on?" Draco asked, nervously. "Why, so you can then attempt to choke me?" Hermione asked. "No, of course not! And besides do you really think I would try to choke your Aight under Dumbledore's nose?" Draco asked. He had a point. "Okay then, fine." Hermione said. She handed him the necklace and turned around. He carefully had the necklace around her neck, and slightly fumbled with closing it, but eventually succeeded. Hermione thanked him, and looked down at it, in awe of the locket. "Hey, I was kind of wondering something." Draco said, biting his lip, but was interrupted. "Draco! Over here, quick!" Yelled a voice. It was Crabbe. Draco let out a groan. "Just meet me in front of the Gryffindor common room after dinner, I'll let you in." Hermione smiled. "Ok." Draco said with a forced smile. It wasn't because of Hermione, but because of Crabbe. "This had better be bloody important or I'll have Crabbe's neck for this." Draco thought.

Crabbe was with Goyle, who had looked like he was in tears. "Found him crying in the bathroom." Crabbe said. "Pansy broke up with him." Crabbe explained. "I'm s-sorry Malfoy for taking her away from y-you. I shouldn't h-have done that." Goyle sobbed. "It doesn't matter to me anymore. I don't care for her. You can join us again if you like, just get a hold of yourself. No one's gonna be intimidated by you if you're weeping." Draco snapped. Goyle wiped his nose and nodded. "Thanks." He mumbled.

After dinner, Draco waited by the Gryffindor common room like Hermione had told him to. She soon arrived with a smile on her face. "Hey, here I'll get you in. Just cover up your ears first." She said. He obeyed her commands, and placed his hands over his ears. "Dingle Fuzz." Hermione said, and the fat lady nodded and let them in. "Is he allowed in their?" She asked. "Oh, um yeah." Hermione lied. He followed her in, and she lead him to the girls room. "Um, are you sure. I'm not even allowed in the Gryffindor common room, less likely the girls room."
Draco, said looking very unsure. "Since when did you care about the rules? And it doesn't matter, I'm the only girl who's here this winter break." Hermione said lieing down on her bed. Hermione was on her side and scooched back giving Draco room to lie next to her. "So, what was your question?" She asked. "Oh, um, are you dating Weasley?" He asked, nervously. "Of course not! Are you mad?" Hermione giggled. "But the way he was holding you, yesterday." Draco said, wondering why he was trying to encourage the idea. "That's because he's been trying to help me with my nightmares." Hermione said in a soft voice. "Oh." Draco said, relieved. "Oh indeed." Hermione said, teasing him. Draco rolled his eyes. "So, did you have them yesterday?" Draco asked. "Yeah." Hermione sighed. "Its funny though, I still can't figure out why you're in there too." Hermione said. "Well, you'll figure it out. You're one of the smartest people I know." Draco said. Hermione blushed. "By the way, I heard you and Crabbe yesterday. Telling him not to ever call me a mudblood." Hermione smiled. "Oh yeah." Draco said, blushing as well. "Thanks, seriously." Hermione said, hugging him and letting out a yawn. "What time is it?" Hermione asked, sleepily. "O-one fourty-two." Draco said, hoping that Hermione didn't know how fast his heart was beating. But when he looked down at her, she was already fast asleep. He smiled at her. "Night Granger."

A/N: Ugh, so cute! Hope that chapter satisfied you. And when I have finished writing this story I already have an idea for another story, so look out for that in the future!