Jealousy

It was Christmas break and most of the students that attended Hogwarts were off to spend the holiday with their families. But one of the people who stayed was no other than Draco Malfoy. He was actually quite excited about Winter break. Most of the students were gone, so maybe he could have a word with Hermione. After she had told him about her nightmares she became distant. She refused to talk about it anymore and avoided Draco any time she could. And when they were working on potions in Snape's class or studying in the library, she wouldn't speak much. She would only tell him to get another book or add a certain ingredient to the potion. So, when Christmas eve came about he was excited.

"Crabbe, wake up!" Draco yelled, pushing his friend out of bed. "Is it Christmas already?" The other Slytherin boy mumbled, lazily. "No, it's Christmas eve you twat. I just want to go to the main hall already." Draco said. "Why?" Crabbe groaned as he got up, rubbing his eyes. Hermione had started getting to breakfast early, avoiding Draco. But this time he was going to catch her, and talk to her. "Since when did you ask questions? Go get dressed already." Draco commanded. Crabbe did what he was told and hurriedly got dressed, following Draco to the main hall for breakfast.

They both sat at the Slytherin table with plates in front of them. Food magically appeared, like it normally did but Draco wasn't hungry. He had an eye out for Hermione. "Tell me if you Granger." He said to Crabbe. Instead of asking why again, Crabbe knew that Draco would snap at him if he did, so he just nodded and continued to eat.

About an hour later the Gryffindor shows up, but accompanied by her two best friends Harry and Ron. Draco narrowed his eyes when he noticed that Hermione had one arm wrapped around Ron's arm and the other in his hand. His gaze followed them as they sat down at their usual Gryffindor table. Hermione rested her head on the red-headed boys shoulder, and her hand still intertwined with his. Draco stabbed a piece of meat on his plate with his fork with rage. "Look at Weasley all cuddled up with Hermione." Draco growled. "Why does it matter? And since when did you call Granger by her first name?" Crabbe asked, confused. "Augh, never mind. Lets go have some fun, come on Crabbe." Draco said. "Well if it isn't Potter and Weasley?" Draco sneered. He looked over at Hermione, who didn't dare look at him. "So, Weasley what's your father been up to?" Draco said, "collecting more batteries from the muggles?" "Go away, Malfoy." Harry groaned. "I wasn't talking to you, Potter." Draco said, narrowing his eyes at Ron. Ron's jaw was clenched, and fought the urge to punch Draco straight in the jaw. "What is it Weasley? Lost for words?" Draco laughed, with Crabbe following along. "You should be lucky, I'm holding Hermione or you would be in the hospital wing by now." Ron threatened. "Then why don't you just let go of her. What are you her boyfriend?" Draco spat. "Why don't you just get out of here?" Hermione, said, finally speaking up, in a slightly raspy voice. It looked like hadn't slept in days. Her eyes were pink and puffy with bags under them, and her skin pale. Draco couldn't believe he hadn't noticed that, but it was probably because her face was normally covered with her curly hair, at his point of view. "Are you o-" Draco started, but was cut off by Hermione. "Just leave, no one wants you here...Malfoy." She said, avoiding eye contact once again. Draco looked hurt and took a step back. But he quickly regained his posture and started to glare at Ron again before leaving.

"What do you think's up with Malfoy?" Harry asked, as he watched Draco stomp out of the main hall. Ron shrugged, as he played with Hermione's hair. "By the way, did you do anything to set him off?" Harry asked. "No. Why?" Ron asked, looking curiously up at Harry. "I don't know, it just he kept on giving you dirty looks." Harry said, shrugging as he took a but of some scrambled eggs. Hermione bit her lip, hoping that Draco wasn't too mad at Ron. "I'm going to use the bathroom, be right back." She said, excusing herself. She quickly tip-toed over to where Draco and Crabbe were. They were outside the Slytherin Common room. Hermione his behind the wall, and listened.

Draco groaned, and started to pace. "Where are you going?" Crabbe asked. "You're going just because that mud blood told you?" "Don't you EVER call Hermione a mudblood." Draco growled, pointing his wand toward Crabbe's neck. "Okay, okay." Crabbe said, putting his hands up in surrender. Lets go." Malfoy said, putting his wand away. Hermione couldn't help but smile as she walked back towards the Gryffindor table. "Did you have a nice bathroom break? Ron asked, as he noticed Hermione smiling. "Um, I guess you could say that."

A/N: So, how was this chapter? Was it good? Bad? Sorry, it's kinda short I'll be posting the next one very soon!