ninety nine - christmas special #2

Harry. 

I open my bedside draw slowly, cringing as the runners make a noise. She stirs a little, with a rustle of the sheets, nowhere near awake yet, just rolling over to make herself comfy. I'm paused with baited breath picking up the small box, wrapped in red paper with a silver bow, and the envelope, shutting the  draw again quietly, giving myself a small moment of success. 

I place a hand on her lower back, rubbing my thumb gently to stir her and leaning down to kiss her upper arm, scattering a few until she stirs. 

"Wake up" I nuzzle the side of her cheek impatiently. She mumbles something reaching out to pull me in, eyes still closed. 

"Hey lazy, it's christmas, open your presents" I say, patting her bump and placing the envelope and present beside her face on the pillow. She yawns hugely, sitting up a little, slumped sleepily against the pillows. 

"Merry christmas" She says reaching out to pet her hand over my fresh stubble. 

"Merry christmas baby" I say, kissing her lips. 

"Hey, I'm not missing you two out, merry christmas" I say, pressing my palm to the squirming underneath her warm skin.

"Now come on, I can't wait any longer!" I say impatiently, my fingers not ceasing to playfully interact with the twins as she finally takes the envelope and present. 

"Which first?" She addresses me, humouring me with a small smile at her lips. 

"The present" I encourage, nibbling a little dry skin on my lip, slightly nervous, she sneaks a look at me as she takes the present, pulling the bow off and sticking it to my forehead with a grin. I roll my eyes pulling it off and sticking it to her belly as she unwraps the present carefully, opening the small silver box underneath. 

The black rectangular key is attached to two burberry bear keyrings, the bmw logo impressed into the middle. 

"What the fuck..." She breathes, sitting up a little out of surprise and pulling the key out, taking the little bears in her hands. 

"Why two?" She asks. Turning them over in her hands. 

"One for each of our babies" I say as she holds them in her palm. Her eyes fill up with tears. 

"Not crying because I bought you a car then?" I chuckle. 

"Yeah.. I mean I'm just overwhelmed" She says. Looking at me, dark green eyes glassy as she reaches out feebly to hug me. I wrap my arm around her tightly. 

"Come on, open the envelope and I can show you the car, you wondered why I was keeping you out of the garage all week" I shake my head. She wipes her damp face with a watery smile and I roll my eyes, can I do nothing at the moment without her hormones taking over. She takes the envelope, ripping the top open and pulling out the christmas card, which has a puppy in a santa hat on it. 

"I know that's cute but please don't cry" I say, I don't want a repeat of the tears over the andrex advert. 

She opens the card and the two white tickets fall out in her lap. She picks them up. 

"Fancy a week in St Tropez before we're tied down for 18 years?" I ask. She looks at me. 

"Oh my god don't cry, please don't cry" I say taking the plane tickets from her hand. 

"Let's go and look at the car" 

*******************************************************************************************

Heyyyy, I know it's late but I started writing christmas eve but then went to the pub and have been visiting family and socialising since. Thought I'd still post seeing as christmas has only just been! Thankyou to 'Lol_Itz_MaryK' and 'tabbyschooney' for the idea of Harry getting Flora a present! Also I'm always happy to take suggestions for cute chapters so if you want me to put anything else in just leave it below. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!! 

- Ro xx