sixty one.

Flora. 

I'm showing customers into the changing rooms when I feel my phone vibrate with a call in the back pocket of my jeans. I'm still biding my time over quitting my job at Topshop, it keeps me distracted. I wait for it to ring off impatiently as I let the never ending stream of girls shopping filter through. It rings a couple more times before I get impatient. 

"Charlotte I've gotta go to the toilet, I'll grab someone off the shop floor to come help on my way" I mumble to my colleague. 

"Sure" She nods with a smile as I dash off, asking someone to go and help her as I make my way to the staff rooms and pull my shaking phone from my pocket. 

"Harry, I'm at work!" I hiss quietly, keeping my eyes peeled for anyone who could tell me off. 

"I know you're still pissed about the other day" He says smoothly, ignoring my prior comment. 

"Really, what gave you that idea?" I huff. 

"Just the storming out and the ignoring of my texts and calls" He ignores my sarcasm. 

"What do you want?" I ask impatiently. 

"I'm sorry" He says quickly, so quick I barely hear him. 

"You what?" I smile silently. 

"I'm sorry." He says sincerely. I silently congratulate myself, look who came crawling back, I kind of like this Harry. 

"Thankyou, I appreciate the apology" I say triumphantly. 

"Right, anyway when do you finish today?  I'll make you a doctors appointment. Not that you should be on your feet all day in retail but apparently you don't listen to me anymore" He says. 

"Erm, 5" I say nervously. The thought of finding out gets my palms feeling clammy. 

"Okay, I'll pick you up on Great Portland Street, don't be late babe" He says, hanging up. I slip my phone back into my pocket, wiping my sweaty hands on my jeans before going back to the shop floor. 

Harry.

I tap my fingers against the wheel as the beginning of rush hour traffic continues to filter past me, it's 10 past 5 and Flora is still nowhere to be seen. I mean they can't keep her after her working hours, can they? I mean I did but that's beside the point. 

I turn the heater on a little as my car begins to steam up inside from the chilly air outside, I turn up the cold play album I have on as Flora finally clicks the door of my car open. 

"About time" I grumble. 

"Sorry, I had to finish stock" She says, an exhausted sigh at her lips. 

"You look tired" I comment, pulling away and dodging a taxi, earning myself a beep and probably some curse words as I speed towards Harley Street in order to get there in time for the appointment.

"I'm exhausted" She stifles a demonstrative yawn as I speed to a violent halt at traffic lights. 

"Jesus Christ you're dangerous" She complains, sitting up in her seat. I smirk, remembering the time we drove to Cheshire and she gave me some pretty good road-head.

"I'm sorry I just hate being late" I excuse myself, after all, it's the truth. I make it there in unsurprisingly good time. 

"Are you okay?" I ask, she's been fairly silent the whole way. 

"I'm scared..." She says quietly. 

"Don't be" I say softly, reaching a hand across to her knee, placing my palm over her small balled up fist and opening it to hold mine.