"Jayden, stop! You're going to kill him if you don't!" Evangeline tries to pull me off of him.

"That's what I want. He doesn't deserve to be on this earth." I continue to punch him.

"Please, Jayden, stop." she grabs my shoulder.

With that I stop and get off of him. I look down at him and his face is completely bloody. I feel my hand throb, but I don't pay it any attention. I instantly pull Evangeline into a hug.

"I'm so sorry, baby." I kiss her head.

"You have nothing to be sorry about." she hugs me tighter.

"I never wanted you in this. I should have dealt with my parents a long time ago. Now you got hit and called names."

"It is not your fault. Do not blame yourself."

"Evangeline I have to tell you something."

"What?"

"It's the reason why we were-" I stop when I feel a sharp object go through my side.

I look down and see a knife in me. My dad is on his knees holding onto the knife with a malicious smile on his face. I look into the eyes of the man I once thought was my father, and see these icy, black eyes full of hate.

"Jayden!" Evangeline screams.

She kicks my dad in the face, causing him to fall back, his head hitting the ground hard. I look and see that he is knocked out. I slowly start to fall on the ground before Evangeline helps me to lay down.

"I'm cold." I shiver.

"Hold on." Evangeline leaves and then comes back with the blanket.

She wraps me in it and lays next to me while holding me. I grab her hand and look into her eyes. She picks up her phone and dials 9-1-1.

"Yes, I have an emergency. I don't know my exact location, but my boyfriend's been stabbed and his dad is unconscious. Can you please just get help."

"Evangeline."

"Shh."

"No, I have to tell you this."

"Tell me what?"

"I love you."

"I love you, too." she kisses me.

"I should've told you a long time ago."

"It's okay. At least you said it."

"Before I die-"

"Don't talk like that."

"But it's true."

"No it's not. I already lost my mama and my brother, I can't lose you too."

"I don't want you to, but-" I gasp.

"Shh, it's alright. You're going to be okay." she rubs my head.

I feel her tears hit my face as she lays with me. I wipe a tear from her cheek and kiss her soft lips.

"I love you, remember that." I look in her eyes.

"I love you too. You're gonna be okay."

I smile at her, "No I'm not."

"Jayden, don't talk like that."

"I love you." I say once again.

The last thing I hear is Evangeline telling me she loves me and the sirens not to far away. I give her one last kiss, before I black out.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

Jayden got stabbed. And his dad (or lack thereof) hitting Evangeline. At least you know that she ain't no punk.

So, the QOTC is

What is your worst fear?

My worst fear, is myself. I feel like I may be the cause of me not moving forward or me not finding love. I don't trust easily so that holds me back.

This book is coming to an end in about 4-5 chapters.

Thanks for reading

Love

Dreamer